JF American Pride

Help Support Steer Planet:

jd720

Does anyone have calves on the ground out of him yet ? Cattle Visions ad says there should be some this spring just wonder how they are turning out ? Pictures of some of his calves would be nice. Thanks

Biomurph

bump....any updates on American Pride?  Anyone seen calves in person?  Is he sound structured? 

kidsandkows

I am excited to hear any reports also. I really like this bull. I have never done any ET but I am considering flushing our best cow to this bull to try and get some replacements she is 10 years old and has only had 2 heifers and at the time I couldnt keep any replacements.

GONEWEST

They did well at Jansens sale. If you can find a catalog of their sale still on line there should be some pics of calves in there.

LN

A friend of mine used him and said never again. He said birth weights on some of them were extreme with one at 120 lbs. He also said he culled out several for disposition problems.

But that's just one review I've heard. I don't know many other breeders that have used him.

GONEWEST

LN said:
A friend of mine used him and said never again. He said birth weights on some of them were extreme with one at 120 lbs. He also said he culled out several for disposition problems.

But that's just one review I've heard. I don't know many other breeders that have used him.

I know people calving heifers to him. Much easier calving than his sire. Call Jeff Miller in IN. He has a web site.  He probably has more calves by him than anyone but Jansens.

sizzler14

I saw a fall heifer out of him that was real good whenever I saw it around a week old. i saw it at about 2.5 months old and it stunk.... the ones in Millers were dang good