Jill- how was Junior Nationals?

Help Support Steer Planet:

itk

While I can see both sides of the fence on the issue I think this move has nothing to do with shorthorns "selling out". A few years ago Kansas was asked to host a Jr. Nationals (not this one) and I was put in charge of the exploratory committee. I can't remember what the exact numbers were but hosting a Jr. Nationals takes a boat load of cash and by saving money on facilities and joining with other breeds we can offer more activities to the kids. Also think of all the potential customers that the breed can pick up from the Maines and Chi's. If we can put on a better event and show up with better cattle maybe we can persuade a few people from the other breeds to join us in the red, white and roans.

Jill

I agree, I think it is a great move for all 3 of the breeds.  I believe they said the budget for the Maine show this year was 130,000.00 it just makes sense to combine some of the housing and things, I think they all will benefit from it.  Many of the cattle out there these days hold multiple sets of registration papers, we could have gone to all 3 of Jr. Nationals this year with the calves we are showing, but can't justify taking off 3 weeks to attend all of the shows.  With the combination as long as the actual shows are staggered the numbers should be way up for all 3 of the breeds.  Kansas City has made huge improvements in the facilities and the area has alot for the Jr. and family to do, I think it should be a really great opportunity to share some of the cost to make each of the breed shows better.

Latest posts