Jill- Voice

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Jill- is that your boys in the middle pages (pages 44-45)of the new Voice? It's a bunch of different pictures form the Junior Nationals. One of the boys has a shirt that says "Team Allen". It looks like he's holding the blower to his mouth. What a riot!

Red

red

Also- All AMMA members- now is the time to vote for your board of directors! Please take the time to read through the candidate's comments. Vote! There is no point in complaining about our board if you don't voice your preferences. Also vote for a candidate at large.

Hope to many at the banquet in Louisville!

Red

DL

Remember too you can write in a candidate for at large - even if they own corriente cattle ;D ;D ;D

Jill

Yes, during team grooming he says hey judge and does that, charming isn't he.  Right next to that picture is one of him with the feed pan on his head, they gave them those for being the 1st place fun team.  He is also on the cover in the left hand bottom corner with his back to you.  The 3 of them are pictured in the Jr. Team Grooming picture, they are the ones with the certificates up at their chins, they also had 2nd and 3rd in Jr. Photography and 8th in Jr. Salesmanship. We got our copy today, this issue is always fun to look at all of the pictures. 
Interesting set of board canidates.

Joe Boy

Looks like the "at Large" nominee was our president, so do you think this is a hand picked election..........  our school board postponed their election until after they made a contract for a new building, so they could keep the in house votes together....this looks the same to me.

I am not very crazy about the dues going up, I mean doubling...... if the state gets half of that then it will not be too bad.

What did you think of TLM Bouncer's adult picture on page 7.  I have a 14 year-old granddaughter of Cunia bred to him and I want a bull calf......

Gigolo Joe had a very good ad.  page 9.

I am still wondering about the change in EPD's or no EPD's.  I want mine!  I want them on cattle I buy.

I have connections to one of the kids who had a champion at the National Junior Maine-Anjou show and have a hard time rejoicing with him since his dad paid, 25 big ones for the heifer.  I wished he would have bought Red's heifer and worked with her and earned his trip to the purple.......besides, Red could have used that money.....she is a farmers wife and needs a new corn knife......

We had a great time in Vegas.  We saw the "Planter, Coasters, and Drifters."  We went to a great magic show with lots of funny stuff with the audience.  We had a good time and went only to good shows and did not lose a single penny gambling, we already are in a business at risk (farming.)  We ate well and spent $100 on tips to shuttle drivers....traffic was bad, flight good, food wonderful, jacuzzi out of this world, and we saw lots of foreigners, even at our timeshare condo...... we walked many miles....my knee still hurts.

I have already filled out my voter card for AMAA and Red you got one at large vote.

Have a good one.....oh, yes, our corn harvest is over and we got 2.8 inches of rain to soften the baked in hard pan.....

justme

More of the dues will be going to the state associations that are officially organized (set of officers ect.) at least that's how I understood it.  John came and talked to us at the Missouri state fair.  To get EPD's, you will be required to do whole herd reporting.  OK, I'm getting old...didn't we use to do that???

Good idea.....Cathy (red) Billenstein for the at large spot!!!!  If we can get Hook to the Today show we can get Cathy on the board!!! (clapping) (clapping)
Don't kill me Cathy but you'd be great!

Joe Boy

It might be strange but I send in my EPD's on all the calves we have.  I do not like all the extra work of hauling calves to the scales but I do it so I can have real records on my bulls and cows.  I really do not do it for the association but for me.  It is a management tool.  There are heifers I do not register and bull calves that I do not register...lots of them, but I still gather them and make lots of one mile trips to my scales....some I haul 30 miles but I usually do not take them back to their mommas.....  I am trying to use the information to learn traits of a bull or cow or so I will have an idea how her offspring will do....

If a polled bull keeps throwing horns on every thing he is bred too..... I am dissatisfied.

If a cow has two calves that are below weaning weight average, I take a long look at her and the bulls she was bred too....

If a bull has sub-normal weaning weights consistently.....I do not use him any more.

If a bull throws color of bad legs...... no mo......  unless we have a really good colored one......

Right now I have a bull who has thrown calves with BW's 55-115 and I am scared to use him on a heifer..... I lost one but already have 12 more bred to him, but no more until I see if it was the weather or him.....

Records to me are very important, because memory fails.... at least it does since I turned 62....before that I do not remember......he....he...ha.

GO! RED GO!

Latest posts