Jimmy the Greek

Help Support Steer Planet:

jackson

I was wondering what kind of calves Jimmy the Greek throws? And what kind
of cows does he work on?

zapper

I have had 2 so far this yr.  Both 80lbs out of bigger simmi/angus cows.  Calves are small, less bone than I wanted, but very clean fronted and up headed calves.  Will try to post some pics soon.

crushertown

I have two heifers born in june and my buddy has got a steer and i love them.  But my only flaw with him is you have to breed him to something with some legs cause he will for sure bring them down.  All three that i know about are very hairy nice muscle structure and very clean fronted.  good luck with him.

jackson

Ok....great! That is what I wanted to know. The cow I want to breed him to is not leggy herself but her calves tend to
be leggy. She is nice profiled but needs power. So this should work great!! Thanks...!

Bulldaddy

The ones out of charolais cows are pretty good.  Here is a heifer by Jimmy out of a Hoo Doo cow.

Attachments

• jimmyheifer_bensontag838.jpg
    jimmyheifer_bensontag838.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 568

LostFarmer

We have a market heifer and a market steer out of JtG.  To be honest he tends to be a little inconsistent in what he throws.  The steer is a big framed big boned black and white whale.  He will finish at about 1425 to 1450.  Just too big.  He was out of a simi angus cow with some leg under her.  The heifer is pretty cool and very thick.  She should finish about right.  Both seem to be good eating good fleshing calves.

jackson

Wow....that is a nice looking heifer! I thought about using Texas twister on our cow....she is a high % maine and very nice profiled cow. She throws very pretty calves they just need more muscle. She clicked really well with Kadabra but they just weren't thick and tanky. Used Monopoly on her last year and that was NOT a good one. The calf pulled too much toward the angus...fine boned etc. (lot of angus on both sides) just was not a good cross (not to say another try wouldnt produce the prize winner!) but want something to REALLY power her up that is why I am thinking about JTG they say he is more consistent.

Sassy2899

This heifer is a Jimmy the Greek X Meyer/Angus cow.  She is doing really well as a market heifer right now.

Attachments

• Ms. PMS.jpg
    Ms. PMS.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 194

OH Breeder

the few Jimmy calves i have seen looked great as calves but never seem to get big enough and were kind of puddy. He seemed really inconsistent. I steered away from using him for that reason.