Joe Lucas

Help Support Steer Planet:

BCCC

WFCC said:
there were 5 cows at the joe lucas sale that were flat out good and could be bought right.  We purchased lot 17(draft pick x angus) and lot 12 A.  In my opinion lot 2 was a steel considering she was producing 12 or more embryos a flush and we only brought 6500.  could definately pay for her in 2 calves.  lots 3 and 12 were very nice cows as well.  heat wave brought 450-525 and meyer brought 425 and up.
Heatwave brought $450-$525?

ECC

Nasc said:
Are they HeatWaves ?

I haven't flushed her to heat wave yet but i plan on flushing her that way this spring.  If someone wants to buy a flush instead of eggs i'm up for that too.

WFCC

BCCC said:
WFCC said:
there were 5 cows at the joe lucas sale that were flat out good and could be bought right.  We purchased lot 17(draft pick x angus) and lot 12 A.  In my opinion lot 2 was a steel considering she was producing 12 or more embryos a flush and we only brought 6500.  could definately pay for her in 2 calves.  lots 3 and 12 were very nice cows as well.  heat wave brought 450-525 and meyer brought 425 and up.
Heatwave brought $450-$525?
ya people werent very smart on the amount they were giving for semen. the 2 straws of monopoly sold for 80  a piece.  and heat wave sold for that much.

Nasc

onthegofarmer said:
Whats the storie is Joe Really all done?????????????????????????

When cattle is in somebody’s blood like that you can never say its 100%.

But all indicators lead me to believe he is calling it a career this time.