John Deere or Case?????

Help Support Steer Planet:

cook beef

i might be buying a tractor and i donn't do which to buy  (cow) <cowboy>

Turkey Creek Ranch

Well, it depends. John Deere makes great stuff, but it will vary from which person you talk too. There are people that are die hard JD fans (myself being one), and those that are die hard Case IH fans. Then you have those in the middle. We just recently bought a mid horsepower JD with the PowerShift Transmission. We use it to move bales, pull the feed wagon, and to do other jobs around the yard. It is a great tractor. I guess I would say John Deere is the way to go. Even the Case guys around here swear by the JD loader tractors. They are made with high quality parts, and they have great service shops (around here at least)

common sense

I purchased a new tractor a year ago.  After MUCH homework and weighing the pros and cons I made my decision based on several things.  First of all, I was born and raised JD Green and I love them but I had to make my purchase based on business sense in this case.  Here are some factors that I based my decision on:
    1.  Proximity of service. Was I going to have a lot of expense in service calls or hauling.  Find out what each dealer charges for service calls and how much they charge by the hour for labor.
    2.  Financing: If you need to finance which dealer would give you the best deal for your situation.
    3.  Trade In:  I had a cherry 4020 that I knew I could sell for a profit privately.  Know what your trade in is truly worth.  One dealer offered me half of its value. I told him I could have it sold the next day for the price I thought it was worth.  He still wouldn't deal with me.
    4.  COST:  It's really hard to compare apples to apples in most cases but you can get pretty darn close!  I ended up with a Kubota for FAR FAR less money, better trade in and fabulous service. It's been a great tractor for me.  Kind of like buying nike vs. keds.  Both are great tennis shoes but you pay for the name.

Also, make certain that you get everything you agree to in writing.  I had certain requirements regarding the PTO, hydraulic ports and lights.  I didn't realize until almost a year later that I didn't have the PTO we had agreed upon. The dealer changed it with no hassles because we had it in writing.

Another thing that is important to me is to know that the dealer and mechanics were people that I could get along well with and would treat me well.  When something goes wrong with the tractor I want to be able to call the mechanic and ask him questions and hopefully have them walk me through what needs to be done.  That's worth a lot to me.

I hope this helps you make a decision.  I really don't think that it comes down to color in making a choice.  You have to look at it from a business standpoint.  Although...Kubota is orange.  I LIKE ORANGE!  lol

showsteerdlux

The farm I work on just bought a JD 5325 with a cab. The tractor is great. The only problem we have had is that one of the lift arms broke after 2 days of use, but the dealership had it replaced within 3 hrs of this happening. We also use a JD 7410 and a JD 6420. Both of these are very nice tractors that I would love to have for myself. For me I'm willing to pay the extra to have a John Deere because there is no comparison to the tractors which they make.

BCCC

seriously go easy with the icons....

I like both, we have a small horse power case and high hp case and a high hp JD.... I like them all, however they are all going to be sold before to long

shortyjock89

We have a Case IH  JX 85 for a loader tractor, and we love it.  We use it daily.  We tried out the JD, but it was way more money, and probably not as easy to use. 

simtal

I used 6410s and 6420s and man those are some nice tractors, Used a JX 85 and didn't like it as much of the 6400 series

Latest posts