Johnny Walker Red

Help Support Steer Planet:

oregondad

Does anyone have any calves from him? We breed 3 cows to him last year, but won't be on the ground for 2 to 3 more weeks. Have some more in the tank and would like to use it on 2 more right away. Has anyone seen any calves from him?  Thanks

DLD

I have a friend that had a few last fall. Great patterned, great haired, good boned, really smooth and neat made. Not the heaviest muscled ones at weaning, but they seem to be putting it back on. I bought one of the steers the other day, not sure yet if he'll end up a keeper or a trader, but I wanted to see what he'd do since we AI'ed several to him last fall.

oregondad

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see these calves in a week or so, but I'm going to wait and see before I use him again this year.  (thumbsup)

Ryan

I've got a real nice orange heifer by him and a Hoodoo cow.  Really nice, easy moving, stout heifer. she's a moderate framed heifer, but has a really nice lower third in her rear end, especially when you get behind her.

I've talked to one other gentleman who's seen some and said they aren't the biggest framed he's seen, but have more than enough power to make up for what they might like in size.

Ryan