Join the party !!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowboy

This will be the first year in over 20 years that I have actually had the chance to PLAN something fun for me. So having said that -- here is what I am doing on 8-29 thru 9-1

As you all know, I have what we feel is a pretty neat calf consigned to the sale at Club Calf Paridise , Brad and Juli Nelson's, on labor day weekend. We have been busy as all get out this summer and spring, and it just might be looking good to get away for a day or so at that time.

Juli and Brad are great hosts, and I have volunteered to -- as long as I am going to be there any way -- to fix up a BIG batch of smoked and BBQ'd brisket -- Nebraska style. It will take the better part of a day to get it all ready, but I am going to fo it -- with thier help needless to say..

They have a really neat little bunkhouse there that headquaters the sale festivities -- so I will be hanging around "Sparingly" letting little bits of smoked brisket go out the door -- hehehehe!

This will at least help me cope with the giant case of nerves I will have until this is all over. In case you are wondering, we have never had this oportunity before -- so I am a nervous wreck.

If any of you good folks get the chance to stop by -- PLEASE do so, I can't wait to meet you and just talk cows. Just look for the goofy looking guy that apparently fell out of a tree and that would most likely be me. hehehe  ;D

Now -- you have three weeks to get ready -- I will be ID'ing every one -- if you ain't old enough to eat meat yet -- don't bother coming -- the TOFU bar is in town!!! hehehe

Terry
<cowboy>

justme

Now I'm disappointed I cann't come  dang it!  We have the NW Missouri state fair that weekend.  I have my eye on a heifer there...lets just hope we can pusaude hubby we need one more  (thumbsup)

knabe

what's nebraska style?  how much vinegar?  do you pull it all?  put it on buns?

hope you see some strangers terry from canada. ;)

oakbar

Hey Cowboy,

I'm going to do my best to take you up on your offer.  We usually try to make a trip through western Iowa about that time so hopefully we can get together!!

Good luck with your calf--he looks super!!

Lynn

Cowboy

Knabe -- I could be real snooty and just say you'llhave to come and see for yourself, but no -- I won't be !!

Nebraska style just means I don't follow any rules, heck I think every brisket I make is a little different from the last. I just throw this with that -- dump in this and some of whatever --  smoke it for 2.5 hours over hickory -- REAL hickory -- then bake it at about 275 for 3-4 hours -- after that -- I mix up my own recipe for BB sauce from scratch -- and add that to it after I have sliced it -- and ONLY sliced it. I don't get overly excited about pulling it all apart -- to -- it seems more like sloppy joe then rather than real BBQ.

This is tender, but robust and chewable. More tender than steak -- but not SO much it falls apart. Ah well, you'll just have to come get some!!!

I hope to get a few hours to spare to make a few side trips as well, it all depends on how bad I want to get lost!! That has always been real easy for me -- so I'll probably just stand around and drool like the rest of the folks -- knowing I can't afford to leave with a herd replacement hfr.

I hope Juli doesn't mind me advertising a meal here -- I guess we could take donations for the local charity's while we're at it!!

Just trying to have more fun that is normally allowable in life -- as they say -- GET ER DONE !! hehehe

Terry

Cowboy

Straight across from the fair grounds on the main hiway in Dennison Iowa. Trust me --it's a beautiful place there -- unless the floods took all the goodies away! ehehehe

As she says in thier ads -- it is the HUB of the clubby world practicaly, if any one fails to find a calf up in that country -- ya just didn't get out of the car!!

Take care every one -- it's gonna be fun!

Terry

rmbcows

Sure wish I could join you Terry!!  Friends, good cattle and food... sounds like my idea of a good time.  Just want you to know that I'm rootin' for your calf to bring lots of money, he's sure worth it from what I've seen in his pictures.  Got any updated photo's you'd like to share?