Jones'n for a show'n

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyjock89

Well, it's the start of October, and I've not shown a calf since mid- August..it's time for a dang show!  I wish I could find some that are halfway close to home, but there aren't any.  I'm kinda jealous of you guys that live in Ohio, it seems like you guys have more shows than you know what to do with. I'm from eastern Illinois, so your western shows are close enough to be tempting, yet far enough away that it would be a big deal to go..On top of that, we can't go to the NAILE now, since we don't have the registration papers back on our calves yet..so now that earliest I can look forward to showing is late February..what a bummer!  At least the calves look nice and I can complain about wanting to show..I know I'm lucky to have all that I do, but dang it, the show ring is callin'!!

shortyjock89

Dang man, I have a heifer calf I raised that I would love to get out a little bit..what are you taking out this weekend? Oh and have you showed this fall other than this coming up show?

farmboy

Im taking my steer i got out of a bull named ace fom indy. and if i can get her settled I'll have a red and white little porker sunseeker heifer, I just got her today.
I went to the one in Highland county ohio and am going to ross county ohio and lancaster and AGR

shortyjock89

That's awesome man..what's the competition like at those shows? We don't have prospect shows in the fall, but the spring preview shows are fun, we usually place pretty well at those, and Shorthorns are tough here lol.  I'd like to see pics of ur calves, especially the Sunseeker heifer..we were thinking about breeding a couple clean-fronted Shorthorns to him..Oh and when/where is your AGR..if I can, I would like to go to it. Thanks (lol)

Nasc

Farmboy you pulling in on Friday Night or Saturday morning?

Ross is our home county and we are planning on being there.

OH Breeder

Corn Huskey Classic is on Sunday in Upper Sandusky Ohio. Heart of It All in November right after the NAILE.....

renegade

I wish we had some more shows around here!!!!!!!! I have one new heifer alread and 5 hereford heifers and of course my steers on the way. This bull is really maturing too ;D! The heifer i just got from the auction is really pretty but she is a cross bred. I think she will do well at the fair this year,

red

In Ohio you can go to a show a weekend. It seems like there more & more each year.
Good luck! Our first Ohio show will probably be Lima.

Red

fluffer

I think AGR would be worth the trip.  It is an open show.  I haven't been there for a few years but I know it tends to be one of the larger preview shows, if not the largest, we have here in OH.  I think numbers usually run in the 850-900 head range (am I right guys??)  A lot of good calves- plus a sale on Saturday morning before the show.

red

It was down some last year but you are right it is a great show. Plus you can use paint & adhesive to your hearts content. It's fun to pull out all the cans & really go crazy!
The show draws people from as far away as OK & many from out east.

Red