Jonny Walker Red

Help Support Steer Planet:

caldanmc

Hey all,

I know it is early in the calving season, but was wondering if anyone has had any JWR calves hit the ground yet?  I just acquired a good set of red cows that would make some great red calves if mated to the right bull.  I know that I could pick a couple dozen proven bulls that would accomplish this, but I would like to get some good red calves and he certainly looks the part in his pics.  I realize it is early, and am not looking for anyone to tell me that they have great ones out of him, just asking if anyone has gotten any yet and what they think of them.  Thanks.

red

I really liked him at the Ohio Beef Expo when they had him on display. Haven't heard of anything yet that's hit the ground.
Have you looked at Red Hot? I haven't used him but really like some of the calves that I've seen from him. I also have had really good luck with Cherry Bomb. He is a THC so you need to be careful there. The heifers I've had from him have been really good boned, wide & great haired. I've had 3 calves so far. 2 red & one black, all heifers. I'm like you, I sometimes bred for red!
Red

jason

johnnywalker-red.jpg

red

When I saw him last he was the real deal. Not just a big hair ball. Great rear. ;)
Red

cowz

red said:
When I saw him last he was the real deal. Not just a big hair ball. Great rear. ;)
Red

Thanks for posting the picture, Red.  He is a beauty.  I love how deep he is!