Jr. Nationals in Kansas City

Help Support Steer Planet:

SWMO

Although we have personally never had an issue while attending the Am Royal in KC it is not in the best area of the city.  I think that he is just telling you to be aware of what is going on around you especially if you are at the Wendy's/convenience store after dark.  There have been robberies there.  But like I said we have been going there for years and have not had any problems we just use good judgement.

Jill

I'm not sure why, but almost every major convention center in every city we have ever been to is centered right in the worst part of town and Kansas City is no different.  It is a not in a good part of town, but the Golden Ox is right across the street and within a couple of miles the power and light district and the Plaza have some wonderful restaurants if you're looking for that, just be careful right of your surroundings.

I can't remember if it was Jr. Nationals or the Royal there was a shooting at that Wendys during the day and they had it all blocked off, like SWMO said, never known anyone to have a problem, just be aware you are in a bad part of town and you'll be fine.

Jill

It has been raining in Kansas City this morning and is supposed to rain on and off all weekend.  There are flood warning all around us, please make sure before leaving home you check your highway routes to make sure they are clear.  Thanks and have a safe trip!

Ag Man

The rains around kc have been very light and spotty.  Flooding in KC will NOT be a problem.  The forecast is mid 90's and humid.

Let's face it the AR facilities and location are not that great. (I'll refrain from using stronger language.)  They should have partnered with the race track and built a multi-purpose facility that would have easy access, plenty of food options, and other activities.  They could easily have built a Louisville style facility out there.  the Kempers being Mo. people will never let that happen. 

Come on Jill with your influence and connections make it happen...move the American Royal to Wyandotte County.

kanshow

That would be awesome if Jill could get the facility moved to Wyandotte Co!    Surely there is room for it between the racetrack and the Ag Hall of Fame...