Jr Nationals

Help Support Steer Planet:

blackwellfarms

Made to KC Saturday morning.  Besides leaving at 9:00 pm and driving all night it was an uneventful trip.  1st time to KC, very nice.  Located in the Texas section of the Miaines will be the first three on left side of the Texas Flag .  The activities start tomorrow will keep all posted.   

justme

I made it too I'm in the Missouri isle down by the showring almost.  My pen is on the aisle with flag bunting.  Stop by and say hi...I have corgi pups! lol (dog)

What do you all think about these hotel arrangments they suggested.  What a drive and I'm dreading morning rush hour traffic ???

showgirl2010

I just got back from my first Junior Nationals.  I brought home the reserve champion for the Senior Hef Division and am now the American Salers Queen.  So I'll be seeing ya'all at Kansas City, Louisville and Denver. 

Jamie

shortyjock89

Yeah, we got here Monday afternoon, we're stalled in the same aisle as Steck's, Horton's, Walker's, and a few others.

AAOK

Just making the trip and getting to experience a Junior National week is worth all the effort.  I hope all do well in the contests, as well as the Show.  To all you contestants:  Enter Every Event & Contest!  These are where the real friendships are made, and also what develops the person.  The Show is just another show.

Showgirl2010 - Congratulations on your victories.  Have fun traveling around the Country this year.

Davis Shorthorns - Congratulations to you also for putting your education 1st.

EVERBODY HAVE A GREAT TIME!! I wish I were there too.

OH Breeder

showgirl2010 said:
I just got back from my first Junior Nationals.  I brought home the reserve champion for the Senior Hef Division and am now the American Salers Queen.  So I'll be seeing ya'all at Kansas City, Louisville and Denver. 

Jamie

Congrats to you Jamie! (clapping)

oakbar

Hey Jamie,

Congratulations on your wins.  I'm sure  you'll have  many, many really great experiences in the next year!!

oakbar

How'a the attendance in KC??  I heard there were lots of cancellations and many hotel rooms available!!  Is that true??

We sure wish we could be there and meet some of you guys!!

itk

oakbar said:
How'a the attendance in KC??  I heard there were lots of cancellations and many hotel rooms available!!   Is that true??

We sure wish we could be there and meet some of you guys!!

The life of a traveling salesman allowed me to stop off at the Jr. Nationals today. I don't know what the exact numbers were but it seemed smaller then what I thought it would be. The people I talked to said there were numerous cancellations. There were alot of really good calves, the Hunter heifers and the Warrior heifer of Aldens stood out to me. That being said I'm sure a bunch will change by Friday and it should be an interesting show.

the_resa86

I don't know about numbers as whole but N. Dakota was supposed to be down the aisle from us with Shorthorns and none of them showed up.

justme

The maines and chi's are up.  There were around 40 Jr's doing speeches, my daughter was number 38.  WOW was that a long wait for her, but she got thru it.

She also placed 8th in team grooming.  She found 2 little boys and they went at it.  She was so excited!  She's entered in every contest, and her goal is to place in the top 10 in one contest.  She was so excited she met her goal.  Cross your fingers gang, she's running for National Jr. Maine anjou princess!  My shy little girl has caught the showing bug! (she's the girl in the picture of Red's story about Timid showmen!)

Other than being pooped we've had a ball, and she's doing the most important things she needs to do at a Jr. Nationals...having fun and making friends!

Red's coming in the afternoon.  I'm in the Missouri Maine's aisle and we have the flag bunting above our cattle (if the bull calf leaves it alone!!)

I'll share pictures tomorrow night hopefully! <party>

cmel8tr

I've talked to a couple of guys that are in the Maine and Chi barn and they said that the show ring was really small and that the shorthorns had the whole coliseum to theirselves.  I guess that I figured that they would split the show ring down the middle like they do during the royal.  Has anyone else noticed this or are they just being too critical of things?  Good luck to all that are showing and competing in the contests!

showgirl2010

Junior Nationals was great!  I was only gonna participate in a few things and ended up participating in everything and making friends that will last a lifetime.  In one short week it is amazing how much fun someone can have.

Jamie

shortyjock89

cmel8tr said:
I've talked to a couple of guys that are in the Maine and Chi barn and they said that the show ring was really small and that the shorthorns had the whole coliseum to theirselves.  I guess that I figured that they would split the show ring down the middle like they do during the royal.  Has anyone else noticed this or are they just being too critical of things?  Good luck to all that are showing and competing in the contests!

Yeah, their show ring is pretty small, but we have WAY more calves there than the Maines and Chi's.  I probably would have split it, but maybe we spent more money than the Maines and Chis.