Jr. Nationals

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

I just wanted to say how nice it was to meet so many of you at Jr. Nationals.  I think one of the surprises was SD.  Was a surprise no anteneas lol.

SD thank you so much for the nice compliments on our bull calf.  We are pretty proud of him.  I think he's going to make someone a heck of a bull.  He's a Money Man x HAA Stockman/Calberta Hustler.  For you doubters on Money man making bulls or steers, he's my witness, he's one thick little booger.

Got to meet Jason Olsen too!  I was shocked, I was expected an old man lol.  His knowledge is way beyond his years let me tell you! 

Of course, us girls got together, commonsense, Red, Jill, Cowz, and myself.  Not enough time but of course you could hear us all laughing.  Just sorry I was too tired to mingle more.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and gave us such nice compliments on our cattle.  It was really appreciated.

Show Dad

Thick! And then some! To really appreciate this calf you need to see the long deep cow he has for a momma! Wow!! And to be right honest JM I would sure be thinking of a promotion syndicate. I would have no problem investing in him.

I'm sorry about not having any antennas but I shed them during the summer and get them back in the fall in time for............ well let's just say party season. 8)
<alien>

cowz

SD, I am sorry I missed you!

I also had higher aspirations for getting together with everyone more......but I was only there for 2 days....had a lot to do!  For those of you who work like dogs in hot weather and high humidity, my hat is off to you.  I am still extremely WHOOPED!

justme

lol cowz were glutten's for punishment here.  We show Thursday night, then our county show is Saturday.  I hope I make it lol.  My voice is still hoarse, must have inhaled to many wood chips and adhesives lol

justme

Not sure SD....wasn't any high from it lol.  I know Jill got sick right after the Chi banquet.  Had to yell at the kids earlier, so my voice is squeaking thru lol they heard me <party>

justme

We pulled a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 4th (in a big class of Aprils)  all in all we were pretty happy we also had the National Maine Jr. Princess.

Attachments

• Danielle1.jpg
    Danielle1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 753

Jill

I just love Jr. Nationals, I thought 3 breeds together would be a great thing, but it is really too much you still can't compete in all 3 even having them at the same venue, but we did try and I'm going to brag a little because I think the boys did a wonderful job.  We did get to spend some time with Gidget and her beautiful daughter Danielle, got to see Red, Cowz and Commonsense (we were shot by the time they came), sorry I missed Jason and SD.  It was 97 here on Monday, so you all left town at the perfect time.  I included pictures of the boys and the Princess and her mom (Gidget)

Tate
5th in Maine Photography

Grady
4th in Maine Photography, 9th in Maine Salesmanship, Bred and owned Maine division winner

Logan
Chi’s
1st in Salesmanship, 1st in Public Speaking, 3rd in Quiz Bowl, 8th All around champion

Maine’s
4rd in Salesmanship, 3th in Public Speaking, 3rd in Cookoff contest, Bred and owned Mainetainer class winner

Shorthorn
4th in Livestock Judging, 3rd in Speech, 4th in Photography

Attachments

• 100_31771.jpg
    100_31771.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 478
  • 100_31681.jpg
    100_31681.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 507
  • 100_31661.jpg
    100_31661.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 503
  • 100_30461.jpg
    100_30461.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 527

justme

Jill was that really necessary lol?  That was the one and only time I was clean!  Evan said I smelt really good lol like heifers.  My son sure knows how to sweet talk a lady.  He was taking "pick up lessons" from Tucker Stewart in the food line, heaven help me! lol

Jill

Ok, here's one more Tate and Evan practicing Tate's new trick.

Attachments

• 100_27371.jpg
    100_27371.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 476

justme

Evan adored your boys.  He's bound and determined to learn that trick.  I may loose a ton of combs...we have a double blower lol (lol)

Jill

I didn't get squat for cattle pics, they will be on pearlspics.com for Maines and Chi's, not sure on Shorthorn

justme

The lighting was so poor in the ring all mine turned black.  Cann't wait to get Dee's pictures from Pearl though.