Judges on the Mic

Help Support Steer Planet:

vc

Should the animal not be balanced? Big gutted (which to me is different than full bodied) or tight gutted, in my opinion, is not efficient. Both could grade well but, how long and how much feed did it take them to get there is the bigger issue.
Does an empty full body calf have that much more waste than an empty tight gutted calf?
I think as a feeder the more the converts feed to weight the more you would make, as a processor the less waste the more you make, kind of puts both at different ends of the spectrum.
I know with the calves we tracked the ADG, and the calves with more volume but balances, where also the ones with better ADG's. It seems the ones that where more athletic looking did not convert as well.
The Angus sales on RFD TV seem to get more for their deeper made bulls than the Athletic type as well, at least that is the way it appears to me.

Show Dad

twistedhshowstock said:
I agree this has been one of the best true debates we have seen on here in a while.  Most of the time they turn into big ol arguments with name calling and degrading each other if everybody doesnt agree.  This time, even though there was difference of opinion, everyone remained civil and seemed to see the validity of everyones point of view.

I just read (on the internet) that hell froze over. . . .Now I know why! ;)
<alien>

Latest posts