Judging Camp @ Conners State College

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

Just wondering if any one has been to the Conners State College Livestock judging camp. If so what did you think of it? My son is going next month so we were just wondering how it is. Also what other Livestock Judging camps do you recommend? Next year I want to send more kids from our club but we have a lot of Jr. members so I would like to know what camps would be good. Thank you!!! ;D

SKF

Red

There is not much in Florida in the way of judging camps. It would be nice to be close to Florida but the kids are willing to fly and go out of state. My son is going to the camp at Conners in Ok. this summer and he is soooo excited to go that far out of state. He's only been out of state a few times in his life.

red

Cool Beans!

I will keep a look out for some really good camps.

Maybe Shortdawg knows of some.
Justme's daughter went to a great lamb camp but don't know if she'll go to a cattle camp or not.

Red

shortdawg

My oldest has been to show cattle camp at Connors State the last two years. He really enjoyed it and learned a lot. I think it has been good for him to be kind of on his own for a few days. My wife has went with him but they don't let the parents have contact with the kids during camp hours except the last day for the showmanship contest. They also had a camp like this one in Athens, GA a couple of weeks ago but I found out about it late.

cowz

Kansas State University has a very well recommended judging camp program.  Dr. Scott Schaake (sp?) is very well liked by the Colorado kids that have traveled over.  Colorado State is having a combo fitting/judging camp this year.  I will edit this tomorrow with the links.

If you ever get a chance to send your kids to the CSU camp when Brett Kaysen is the instructor, send the whole family.  It will be great.