jumpers

Help Support Steer Planet:

bcosu

i have a calf that i am starting to break and i am having an awfull time trying to keep it from jumping. it has been some time since i really worked with him but he has always been a jumper. i am pulling with constant pressure until he moves a foot forward and then i am letting off the pressure. most of the time he starts pulling back and '' coiling'' when i start pulling harder and then jumps all of a sudden. once he jumps i just try to pull him back down and he just continues to jump for a couple seconds. it has become very frustrating and i was wondering if anyone knew anybetter ways of trying to solve this problem. he is not crazy or bad acting, just jumping. any help would be great.

farmboy

if you remember on a thread some time ago, i had the same problem, mine dosnt jump now

i put a nose ring on himand when he jumped, i jerked down on it, and after a couple days of that, he chilled out, then i let him eat some feed from my hand now hes puppy dog broke  <cowboy>

also, some people dont like to hit a calf with the halter but if it works, go for it, lash him across the nose