Just curious ....

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

i'll be 49 in sept.  got started again as i have a daughter who will be 6 in october.  it will be interesting to see what the numbers trends are from last year, this year and next year are for our local fairs as well as the western bonanza.  the grand national used to be big, but part of that was the colleges would go, but they don't show any more.

as ranches consolidate, shift to larger numbers/fewer people, what do groups do for outreach for new people, ie people like myself who are professionals with kids and a house in a rural setting. 

it's gonna take a big bunch of change to

a: purchase a steer
b: purchase equipment
c: feed it
d: doctor it
e: transport it
f: everything not mentioned

i've got these covered, but a percentage of people who may want to participate will not be able to.

what are strategies to share costs, again with the emphasis on new customers, and with the caveat, that at least locally, the project steers were generally underfed, vastly different from an environment like chambero's where the averages are good and the good one's are great.

justme

Sawboss your exactly right.  If he doesn't want to answer nobody asked him.  I bet your kids respect you so much.  I'm kinda like you on the respect issues.  If we don't take care of it now, they will only get worse.  Let's hope my kids are behaving when I'm not around. lol

Wish I could say me me me like minimoo, but sadly :'( I'm not in the club dori.  I'm a tad over the 18 age lol but young at heart.

ShowmanQ

I am 19 for another 5 hours or so. I am not too afraid of posting this, if Dori wants to come kidnap me so be it, maybe she can teach me some of the tricks of web design (clapping)

ShortyJ13

OOOOOOhhhh kay!

this forum got a little hot, but back to what it was originally supposed to be!  (lol)

i'm 14, haha