Just for fun!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

steermomintx

Let's get something going just for fun!!

How big is your cattle operation??

My husband and I have about 10 cows that we run with my parents and a bull.  They have about 80 cows and 3 bulls.  They are AI'ed and then put with the clean up bulls around end of November.  I have 3 children, 2 of them are old enough to show, we pick the steers we want to keep, then the top 10 to 12 are cosigned to a sale and then maybe 20 more are sold private treaty and the rest go to market.  Oh and we usually keep one or two for the freezer.

Davis Shorthorns

Right now we have 10 mama cows with our heard bull.  Then right now I am heifer sitting for a buddy of mine he brought me 4 Charolais heifers to watch for a couple of months while he gets his new place bought.  Then their is my roommates mini Brahma bull he is 2 years old and weighs about 500 lbs.  He is so cool looking. 

itk

Just a few years ago we had almost 100 cows. Now we have 3 cows and almost 500 eggs in the tank. Guess who's looking for receipts

shortyjock89

We have about ten cows, four bred heifers, a bull, and then the calves.  We had about double that a year ago, but we ran short on space and real short on hay, so we had to sell some off.  We hear that they're making good mommas in their new homes, always good to hear.  We're currently looking for recips, but would just like to lease them.  Also looking for a May or Jan/Feb Shorthorn heifer if anyone knows if there is one lurking about the midwest......

vc

I can't help it, "Steermomintx" You really should let your parents in the house and not run them with the cows and the bull.
3 cows and 4 sows.

steermomintx

vc said:
I can't help it, "Steermomintx" You really should let your parents in the house and not run them with the cows and the bull.
3 cows and 4 sows.

Well maybe I will think about it ;) ;)

Sorry my fingers sometimes type faster than my brain thinks

farmboy

right now we are enlarging our herd . weve got about 20 cows, mostly of powerplant genetics. we got 5 paleface grandaughters AI'd this year to heatseeker and my big smoke cows full sister stuck to alias so we are in the smoke biz now  8) next spring we are going to try to get about 25 AI'd and get some kind of a new barn built.

OH BTW our herd bull is for sale. SIRE : Paleface DAM: angus (no clue on the pedigree) He will downsize your herd, reason we bought him. Used succesfully on heifers. We have only pulled 1 calf. Throws hair and tons of BALDYS. Hes 6 or 7 years old. The daughters we got stuck to Heatseeker calved this year to some other bull, i forget the name, no problems and milk great.... PM me if interested  ;D

amss101

Ha, I love that you run your parents with the cattle...if only I could turn out my husband and kids with them too!!  We currently just have show steers so I'd be too tempted to turn out the family before it got dark!!

BCCC

well we are decreasing our herd. we have 50 head of first calf heifers down in Coldwater, OK and then we have 100 head of first calf heifers here in kaansas, along with about 200 head of cow calf pairs. Those are all commercail cattle. We have 11 x-bred cows for show calves, then we have 7 maine x hiefers bred for their first calves. and then we only have 1 show heifer right now :'( However we are starting to get more show steers and show heifers that we are selling for some decent money.

You guys act like you have never seen people running with cows. my grandma LOVES it she huddles up with them and everything when it gets bad, but other then that she is normally off by herself grazzing!!! ;D

steermomintx

BCCC said:
well we are decreasing our herd. we have 50 head of first calf heifers down in Coldwater, OK and then we have 100 head of first calf heifers here in kaansas, along with about 200 head of cow calf pairs. Those are all commercail cattle. We have 11 x-bred cows for show calves, then we have 7 maine x hiefers bred for their first calves. and then we only have 1 show heifer right now :'( However we are starting to get more show steers and show heifers that we are selling for some decent money.

You guys act like you have never seen people running with cows. my grandma LOVES it she huddles up with them and everything when it gets bad, but other then that she is normally off by herself grazzing!!! ;D

That is my kind of family!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)

kanshow

You guys act like you have never seen people running with cows. my grandma LOVES it she huddles up with them and everything when it gets bad, but other then that she is normally off by herself grazzing
I bet she's the first one up when you shake a bucket of cubes... 

We run about 200-250 head .. mostly commercial Simm cross - about 50 in the PB herd.    We have a small feedlot that is empty now and will probably stay that way this winter.  We also background calves - custom, purchased, & our own.

showstick09

I am at the age where I am trying to develop a herd. For the past two summers, I have been working so I could buy heifers. The heifers I bought last summer were old enough to breed this summer. This summer I was a little smarter and worked a little harder so I could buy bred two year olds. But all together, I have 15 head. One is the bull, 11 are mixed of cow and heifers, 2 are steers, and one is a 6 month old registered angus bull calf I am going to raise and sell, just to put that out there  ;)

C-CROSS

We run about 200, we have some PB shorties, clubbies, our sale is in Sept.  40 first calf heifers.  And the balance are Sim x.  What we don't keep for replacements or sell for clubbies, we have been feeding out the last 5 years.  We start callving the end of Feb. <party>

shortyjock89

C-CROSS said:
We run about 200, we have some PB shorties, clubbies, our sale is in Sept.  40 first calf heifers.  And the balance are Sim x.  What we don't keep for replacements or sell for clubbies, we have been feeding out the last 5 years.  We start callving the end of Feb. <party>

When's your sale and where ya at? We're in the market for a Shorthorn heifer.

Steer Boy 101

We have 45 Herefords all regerstred and 12 angus and 15 red angus and 5 crossbred clubbies mostly thebest cross ever the good ol baldies and we have pretty nice clubbies. Totaly number of cattle this time of yeare with steers and bulls and heifers and cow calves is around 200. too much but o well like i got better thigns to do  ;D