Just for fun!

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

YOUR AGE  BY EATING OUT

Don't tell me your age; you probably would tell a falsehood anyway-but your waiter may know!

YOUR AGE BY DINER & RESTAURANT MATH

This is pretty neat.

DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!
It takes less than a minute .
Work this out as you read ..
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.

1. First of all, pick the number of times
a week that you would like
to go out to eat.
(more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2
(just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50

5. If you have already had your birthday
this year add 1757 ...
If you haven't, add 1756.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that
you were born.

You should have a three digit number

The first digit of this was your original number
(I.e., how! Many times you want to go
out to restaurants in a week.)

The next two numbers are

YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2007) IT WILL
EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND
WHILE IT LASTS

red

no idea guys! :)))

I just got it in a e-mail & thought it was a good one!

Red

shorthorns r us

somehow i got to know some math graduate students that could build those in about 15 min.  mind blowing!

knabe

completion backwards principle to define ranges.

3 ways to solve mazes, backwards (fast), or forwards by sticking to the wall or by elimination.

Chap

math just works around the cancellation of everything but the year you were born and 2007.  2007-1970=37.  remember when you added one of 2 numbers depending on if you had your birthday already.  that accounts for the current year.  the rest is just smoke and mirrors, FUN Though

Telos

Wow!!! That was fun. Ok, all you smart people... all I know is that it worked and don't really care about how it worked.  :))) (clapping) :))) (clapping) :))) (clapping)

I do well adding, subtracting, multiplying and sometimes dividing, but formulating equations or whatever goes far beyond my simple mind.

ELBEE

Three cowboys decided to stop for the night and rent a hotel room. They went to the clerk and paid $10.00 each for the $30.00 dollar room. Later the manager told the clerk that he over charged them, the room was only $25.00, and to take $5.00 back to the cowboys. The clerk being the smart one, knew he couldn't split 5 one dollar bills between 3 cowboys, so he kept 2 for himself, and gave the cowboys 1 each. Now the cowboys have paid $9.00 each for their room. $9.00x3=$27.00, the clerk kept $2.00. $27.00+$2.00=$29.00, so where did the other dollar go?

Ozraptor

ELBEE said:
Three cowboys decided to stop for the night and rent a hotel room. They went to the clerk and paid $10.00 each for the $30.00 dollar room. Later the manager told the clerk that he over charged them, the room was only $25.00, and to take $5.00 back to the cowboys. The clerk being the smart one, knew he couldn't split 5 one dollar bills between 3 cowboys, so he kept 2 for himself, and gave the cowboys 1 each. Now the cowboys have paid $9.00 each for their room. $9.00x3=$27.00, the clerk kept $2.00. $27.00+$2.00=$29.00, so where did the other dollar go?

$25 for the room, $2 for the Clerk = $27