Just got the DVD from Purina and Stierwalt in.

Help Support Steer Planet:

BCCC

bcosu said:
i received one at the hot shot classic. it was the combo video of fitting clipping showmanship and feeding. i'm not sure if this is the same dvd but it was nice. the only thing i would like to change is what kind of calf they used. in this video it was a bald shorthorn heifer that had a lot of leg. what i need help with is what to do with a lot of hair. i just haven't been doin it that long
AGREED, they used a shorty without much hair, and most of my animals have plenty of hair.  I do have one question for the people that have watched, why did he clip the horse shoe area on her stomach?? Thanks a lot

renegade

I got mine on friday and I loved it and learned ALOT. And he seems like a funny guy and really nice too. thanks to whoever put it on. What horseshoe? 

BCCC

it wasn;t actualy a horse shoe, but it was about the middle of th erib cage, and he was making a horse shoe figure with his finger, and he  started clipping that area

Doc

BCCC said:
bcosu said:
i received one at the hot shot classic. it was the combo video of fitting clipping showmanship and feeding. i'm not sure if this is the same dvd but it was nice. the only thing i would like to change is what kind of calf they used. in this video it was a bald shorthorn heifer that had a lot of leg. what i need help with is what to do with a lot of hair. i just haven't been doin it that long
AGREED, they used a shorty without much hair, and most of my animals have plenty of hair.   I do have one question for the people that have watched, why did he clip the horse shoe area on her stomach?? Thanks a lot

The Shorty didn't have a lot of hair because it was in the summer & not everyone has a cooler to stick their calves in . To be in the summer they weren't to bad on the hair. As far as the horseshoe goes he was trying to make the area behind her shoulder tie into that area a little more smoothly.

kimbaljd

Doc said:
BCCC said:
bcosu said:
AGREED, they used a shorty without much hair, and most of my animals have plenty of hair.   I do have one question for the people that have watched, why did he clip the horse shoe area on her stomach?? Thanks a lot

The Shorty didn't have a lot of hair because it was in the summer & not everyone has a cooler to stick their calves in . To be in the summer they weren't to bad on the hair. As far as the horseshoe goes he was trying to make the area behind her shoulder tie into that area a little more smoothly.
I thought he said he was clipping that area to make the area he was not clipping stick out more. Trying to make it all smooth looking in appearance.

RSC

I've watched most of it, a very nice presentation for free.  Not much less detail than the Steirwalt DVDs you pay for.  I was hoping when I pasted the link up her it would be a good deal.  Kirk is a very personable person that does a good job of getting things accross.  He had a presentation this last weekend at the Classic in Kearney and was one of the 3 Judges Saturday night for the Supreme Row of all the breed cattle.  Good Job Kirk and thanks to Purina.

RSC

Jill

For anyone that would be close to Kansas City, he is giving a 1 day cliiping and nutrition clinic in conjunction with Purina on March 8th.