Just Had My First Calf

Help Support Steer Planet:

showstick09

He was born 3 days ago, I named him Rouger. His mom is a reg. Charolais and his dad is a reg. Angus. The pictures are from him one and two days old. Y'all guys have been having calves up a storm and I've been patiently waiting on mine, lol. It's really cute because he is solid grey except for one spot right about his tailhead and his whole tail, they are solid white.

Attachments

• Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 553
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 562
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 560
  • Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 563

justme

My 10 year old daughter would say he's so cute you want to sneak him into bed with ya and cuddle with the little guy!

CONGRATS!

shortyjock89

We just had our first white calf ever the other day...our bull calves would make quite a pair  (lol)  My sister named ours Goose becuse he's such a silly goose...I guess.. teenage girls.  Anyhow, He's a real cutie, interesting about his white spots. 

DiamondS

He's got a really nice mama!  I had about 40 calves born out of two half brother charolais bulls and solid black cows.  Of those, I got an assortmant of colors.  I got about 10 colored the way your calf is grey with a white tail and sometimes white bellies and legs.  Also, I got some that were rust brown with white patches.  I know that the cows weren't solid Angus, but I would be curious to know why the white patches show up.

showstick09

Thanks for all the replys. His mom is one of my old show calves, she did really good every where we went. The bull he is out of is a New Horizon son. I want to AI to a reg. Char this next time around, any suggestions? I would be hoping for a heifer.

Wiley

has anyone seen any calves out of the char bull named denver??? saw his picture in genetic horizons and thought he was pretty neat