Just some pictures (show update)

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

I decided to snap some pictures in the pasture today, we are thinking of changing our format this year to a one price for everything, so just thought for the
heck of if Id post some pictures (sorry they are not the best)

Blue roan is out of a purbred shorthorn bull out of radioactive and mamma is a shorthorn/double vision
Black heifer is a heatseeker and mamma is a simmi
white heifer is out of a purebred maine cow and our charolais bull

Attachments

• blueroan1.jpg
    blueroan1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,017
  • blueroan2.jpg
    blueroan2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,007
  • blueroan3.jpg
    blueroan3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,012
  • charcomposit1.jpg
    charcomposit1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2,013
  • heatseeker1.jpg
    heatseeker1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,994

doubled

CPL said:
You're calves look good. When's your sale?

We have changed the format this year to specific sale time, pretty much 1st come 1st serve, we need to wean them first, and get them ready but we are gonna lower
the prices, and not spend the money on advertising this year, my son is getting married so needs to save some funds.  We will have some more calves to list as
we get them weaned, all these are heifers, thanks for the nice comments we appreciate it.  Personally I think the charolais composite heifer is gonna be the best one down the road, she is very young and really big for her age.  She just needs time. She walks like an absolute dream, in fact all the heifers do. 

doubled

Thanks everyone for the comments, all three of these are heifers, the blue roan will be a special heifer for sure, she is very nice, we have not weaned them yet, now that the state fair is over, we will be weaning, we are not gonna have a big sale this year my son is getting married and we need to save the funds and not spend it on advertising, so pretty much they will be available in a few weeks or you can even look at them on the cow now, after we wean though we would prefer to wait till they get back on their feet, they are all eating like gang busters.  The charolais heifer is pretty young but super big for her age, her mother was the Reserve champ maine open heifer at the Iowa State Fair a few years ago so she comes from good stock to be sure.  The blue roan looks alot like her mother and so does the heat seeker, If you need pictures of the mammas I can provide that also.  We will be lowering the prices we are thinking of just putting one price for all but have not totally decided that yet.  We have more calves some charolais composite bull calf (pure red) that is good, a red heifer (out of our hairy bear bull) that is super fancy and hairy, a good black heifer that is out of our hairy bear bull.  Thanks again I will keep everyone updated after we wean them.  We appreciate the nice comments.

doubled

oakbar said:
Hey Justamom,

Tell the boys it looks like they have another good set of calves!!

Lynn

Thanks Lynn

I havent been on here at all for quite awhile and miss it but have has some problems Ive had to deal with alone I guess.  Thanks for the nice comments, things are changing quickly in our family
Kurt is doing this alone along with his new fiance, he will be getting married next year so he is flying solo now.  We just weaned them this week, we want to get them into shape to get them sold but might also be showing them toward the end of September if we get them ready.  We need to get some winning fill in them and get them broke and all that good jazz.  Again thanks for the nice comments, we appreciate that.  Not gonna be trading alot of calves this year, mostly just what we have raised, which so far seem to be doing well.  We are really happy with the results so far out of our Hairy Bear bull and the Charloais bull we own.  We are really anxious for next year already as we have some AI'd out of milkman again.  I love that bull.

Deb (justamom)

Show Steaks

could you pm me a picture of the heetseekers mama and any helpful info about the mamma. also if she is registerable as half or quarter blood

doubled

Thought Id add this note charloais x maine is sold, thanks RSC
also he looked at the calves so if you need to know more about them try and get ahold of him
he said he loved the roan.

jallen

Yeah pm me and give me a phone number and i will try and set somthing up?
Thanks John

doubled

Update on the Blue Roan, she had her 1st show this weekend, Had reserve shorthorn at burlington, and won our class at waterloo
not too bad for the 1st time out, we are pleased, she showed like a dream- we do believe however that this heifer may make an
awesome market heifer also as she is SUPER THICK.