KA Shakedown

Help Support Steer Planet:

markh

Anyone heard of Shakedown?  What are all your thoughts and what is semen bringing?

thanks

CAB

IMO, the bull was ahead of his time. Calves will be consistently very good, deep bodied, good bone, thick,hairy, and the ones that I had were good cows. Will be just overall big, Not exactly tall, but all the same big good cattle. I would say to call Kenneth Bremer, Blakesburg Iowa about semen availability & price.

shortyjock89

Hey CAB, do you think that Shakedown would do better on Trump X genetics, or better back on Calberta stuff?

CAB

OFS, I think that he would work on both. The Trumps would be powerful, big cattle. The Calberta cattle may pretty up the Shakedowns.

Bert88

If you are looking to sell some i would be interested.  I don't know what it bringing.

AAOK

Shakedown's Sire was Poplar Hvn Red Alert, whose daughters always had a bad rap about mot milking.  However, his Dam was a
Epinal X Cunia.  As previously stated, he did display very heavy bone, and tremendous hair.

As I remember, there were a lot of real nice Red/Wht calves in the early '90s Sired by Shakedown, out of Calberta cows.

DL

aj - Shakedown (if his pedigree is his pedigree and his daddy is his daddy) does not send up any red flags re PHA - no Dalton or Paramount - I don't think he has been tested,,,,,If I remember Red Alert was show bull of the year and used fairly heavily - I believe I have a picture....(somewhere) ....,can't tell you about Nobodies Fool either ...don't think she has been tested  ;)

aj

Thats what I can't figure out on the Vortec bull. By pedigree he should be pha clean but no one seems to know this for sure.

aj

sru....I don't really have a dog in this fight(I don't have vortec breeding) but I am trying to stay on top of the defect thing. I always hear that pha tests pending. What does that mean? I guess I could call Kevin. I just always felt that these boards were a great place to exchange information. Seems like I was the last one to figure the pha deal out.

DL

aj said:
sru....I don't really have a dog in this fight(I don't have vortec breeding) but I am trying to stay on top of the defect thing. I always hear that pha tests pending. What does that mean? I guess I could call Kevin. I just always felt that these boards were a great place to exchange information. Seems like I was the last one to figure the pha deal out.

aw aj - you are not one of the last, actually one of the first - I still get calls/emails from people who had a PHA calf out of known carrier blood lines and can't figure out why this horrible thing happened to them. They probably wouldn't understand your moon either ;) ;)  I love the pending thing too - now we all know Dr and BR can do these tests in less than a month so why should they be pending for years?  must be that darn moon    :eek: :eek: :eek:

red

most of them have blood already in for TH. Are they just waiting for the go ahead? Thought all AI bulls had to be tested for both?

Red

aj

I know goofy things can happen. I know we had a herd bull that had a goofy reading for th. It turned out since he was a twin it was harder to test somehow. And then we actually got a th defective calf out of him so it cleared up real fast.  I would use Vortec except he is horned and I am not crazy about his color. Also our herd bull was clean by pedigree so it was doubley confusing. I finally figured out which bull I got it from way back out of Nebraska cause I had had a goofy calf a couple years before the th deal was publicized. I am not trying to start trouble I just think the journey can be as interesting as the destination sometimes. I don't do much of a show circuit so it seems I am not a insider on alot of stuff. Kumba ah my friends Kumba ah......everbody now Kumba ah my friends Kumba ah! :-*

CAB

Pic. of K&A Shakedown on page 6 from last year name that bull thread posted by DL. I tried to copy & paste it here , but as some of you know I'm almost PC illiterate, amongst other things.

red

here you go CAB.

index.php

aj

In the words of the great philosopher Rodney King......."can't........can't.........can't we all get along? ;D