Kalmbach feeds

Help Support Steer Planet:

Quello

Has anyone ever used this to feed show steer and show pigs.  And what are your opinions?

Thanks

Bi-Lane Livestock

It is a decent feed, we use there creep and starter feed.  Watch for consistency, this has been my biggest concern.  If you have access to Show-Rite I would go that direction for growing and finishing. 

Quello

Bi-Lane Livestock said:
It is a decent feed, we use there creep and starter feed.  Watch for consistency, this has been my biggest concern.  If you have access to Show-Rite I would go that direction for growing and finishing. 

I do have access to that, what do you use for your steer.  And is it just a base that you mix with your corn and oats?

Bi-Lane Livestock

Depends on your goals and ingredients you have available to mix with.  If you are feeding a lot of calves and want to tweek the formulation as you go and have good ingredients to mix with then the Nutribase is a good avenue, you will need to be able to source cottonseed hulls and barley later plus corn/oats/molasses.  If you are only feeding one or two calves then using there complete feed is the best in my opinion.  Start with there Cruiser or Accelerator depending on the maturity pattern of the steer, if they are going to be more early maturing go with the Crusiser and switch to a blend of Accelerator/Cruiser then depending on how they are feeding transistion to the Throttled up.  Good luck.

BuckeyeBeef2

We have had luck with Kalmbach, but more luck with High Noon, and I know that in our area, HN is now making the Kalmbach Formula...(i'm pretty sure, could be the other way) but you should be able to get High Noon where u can get Kalmbach, and I have always liked HN, last few champion and reserve market hogs, and market steers at our county, were on HN