Kansas beef expo

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Dad

M12 - I didn't go last year but in the past quality has been good. Some of our county fair winners have come from there. Though I know on the steer side the sale at KJLS has been pretty good. A Friend of ours bought the county fair supreme heifer there for $900 in the past. know that the county grand champ steer was bought there a couple years back for $2500. So pricing all over.

Are you buying or thinking of selling?

Jill

They have revamped the Beef Expo and I really haven't paid much attention since then, but you may try http://www.huncovsky.com/ Quint Huncovsky is now in charge of it, or Ark Valley Cattle Jeff Bryant  Day Phone 888-442-6757 Evenings 620-442-8722 I know he sold some last year and may be able to tell you about prices and quality.

pigguy

ok i have a couple questions since they hardly have anything on their website. ok is it a blow and go? can you show percentage maine heifers?

Show Dad

M12 - Here is the link for the rules. http://kansasbeefexpo.net/Forms/JuniorShowRules.pdf

Since you are selling, I know some who have sold (shorthorns) there before and would be happy to put you in touch with them if you like.

itk

I will agree the prices at the KBE are not great but it is still a solid sale for not your exactly top end animals and is a great chance to sell some animals that were born alittle later. I wouldn't try to sell a barnburing great one down there and try to get rich but if you take a few $1,500 type heifers I think you will be pretty satisfied. The other thing to think about is that the sale expense is extremely low there. If you are going to sale you need to act quick because the entry deadlines are coming up in the next few days for sale cattle. We have sold at the KBE for the last six or so years and I feel that we have gotten along better then about anyone in that time. However, we go out of our way to consign high quality and unique lots. We spend alot of time and money on our own making sure we have buyers lined up for the lots. We also feel it is important to support our state sale and it is a extremely cheap way to get your cattle infront of a bunch of people.I would highly recommend that you consign a few lots. If you go in to the sale with the right attitude you will be extremely happy with the results.

pigguy

what about the show is there a bunch of competion? quailty of the show? is it a blow and go? thanks a bunch to every one who has posted back. i am trying to get ahold of quinten so i can see if i can still get heifers entered in the sale? i awsome the calves for the sale are all broke and fitted for the sale