Kansas Beef Expo

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

The grand champion steer hasn't sold yet from what I understand.  He is going to be bid off (not sure of the date) from what I have heard because of the huge amount of interest the opening bid is 40,000.

Jill

And yes, to answer your question, the Expo was a really good and tough show.  There were a lot of good cattle, Kansas has gotten to be a pretty competitive place to show cattle.  It was really nice to see such a good turn out, I thought the Jr. portion of the show went really well.

pigguy

Macy griswalds steers were pretty nice, but i didnt pay much attetion to the steer show

Show Dad

40K or 75K!!! That's nuts. Race horses would be cheaper. And what does it prove? How to make money in the cattle business?

I'm sure they are nice people and I saw it, walk fine with plenty of hair, but I could think of a number of ways to better utilize that kind of money.

ZLC - It ain't good cattle if a steer cost that much. Simply overpriced.

Jill

I would have to say that someone is making money in the cattle business, more power to em.  He was a beautiful steer, I'd like to have a pasture full of them.

CAB

Just goes to show, nothing has to make sense anymore. There are some people out there that make money easy. The haves and the have nots. Look @ Paris Hilton. Drops out of HS and is an idol to many. Nothing makes any real sense.

knabe

CAB said:
Nothing makes any real sense.

for the most part it does.  we tend to focus on the exception to the rule too much and give it more prominence than deserved.  those behaviors are usually selected against in the stronger bloodlines that usually quietly succeed.  kinda like the best cow in the herd is the one who goes unnoticed the longest. (not my saying)