Kansas City or Louisville

Help Support Steer Planet:

xkrushx

What is the average that the spotlight cattle bring, minus the champions, at the American Royal and or Louisville? Just wondering...

krush

Jill

Since no one has answered, I'll give you a guess.  By spotlight cattle I assume you mean all cattle that make the sale?  For the American Royal the cattle average was I'm guessing around 5,000(not including Grand and Reserve), if I find my auction sheet I can get you an exact figure, but no luck so far. 
If I remember correctly, Louisville only sells Grand and Reserve.

afhm

Watching the sale on the net last year it seems as if KC is really trying to improve their sale and have better prices deeper into the sale.

Jill

KC has made a huge effort to improve the sale.  There will be a couple that sell a lot higher, but that is because of a local connection or the work the kid has done prior to the sale getting sponsors on their own.  The average price pretty much goes from (other than the top 2) top to bottom they stay pretty close.

red

Some of the breeds have a sale at Louisville. I know the Shorthorns do & maybe the Chi's. It's not a winner's show.

Red