Kansas City

Help Support Steer Planet:

librarian

I just drove thru Kansas City and loved it. It seemed like a REALLY BIG Fort Worth. Is that accurate? I'm serious... It was very exciting to me because Fort Worth is my idea of a great town.

shortyjock89

No, not really accurate at all.  KC is about 5/8ths the size of Ft. Worth, and the KC metro area vs the Dallas-Ft Worth Metroplex is about 1/3 the size.

That being said, I absolutely love both cities, and both have plenty to offer anyone.  I really really enjoy the Kansas City downtown; it's very easy to get around on foot, even if you've not been there before.  Power and Light is amazing for some free shows and an eclectic assortment of bars and restaurants all together in a Roman-style outdoor mall sense.  I need to explore Ft Worth some more, but I've always enjoyed going to the stock show there.  I have some friends and relatives that live down there and they always take me to a new place each time and I've never been disappointed.

librarian

Thanks. It's scary to realize the Fort Worth I grew up around was a lot smaller than the Fort Worth of today. I'm remembering the Leonard's subway days. Next time I'll stop on KC and explore.

oakview

One of my favorite places to visit in KC is the steam ship museum by the river.  Very interesting piece of history.  Is the Golden Ox still open?  I haven't been to the Royal for several years.

shortyjock89

The Golden Ox is still going strong! Always have to eat there once while in town. 

Davis Shorthorns

KC is a great town The WWI museum is a pretty cool place to visit as well.  Plus all the little bars and places to eat all around.