Karma NEW AND IMPROVED - 1 week Trial

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

Updated Karma, click positive or negative and you can also leave a comments, be fully aware the user who you are leaving the karma for will know who left it.  We are going to try it for a week.  Thought it might be nice instead of sending a quick pm. 

Click on your own user profile to view karma of yours as well as karma you left.

red

I liked it. Hopefully it makes people think before they just change someones points.

Red

Show Heifer

I agree....I LOVE this idea....it will be interesting. Very interesting. (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

jason

It is the positive and negative link under usernames.  If you click the positive link it gives the person 1 karma and vice versa with the negative. 

The karma number displays right there also.  Nothing too serious - just for fun.

Thanks
Jason

Jill

I know you said you were going to test this for a week and not saying it's good or bad, but I don't think you can set a time limit on this test.  I think until you have a passionate debate on an issue where board members don't agree you won't get an accurate test of how well this works.  The board has been pretty calm the past week (Thank God) and I just don't think it has been a good trial.  I have never really understood the Karma thing from the get go, but if you're going to have it, I like the changes you made, just don't think it has been tested this week. JMO 

shortyisqueen

FWIW, I really like being able to tell where my Karma went -  and why...or who gave me a pat on the back...And like someone else said, it makes people think more about what they're doing if they have to be accountable for it!!

jason

I have gotten all positive feedback on it, so I think it will stick around.  It does put a lot of accountability in it, but also handy for sending a note to someone without pm'ing or emailing.

red

Jason's having a computer glitch. He'll get it back when he figures it out.  ;)

jason

I lost when I updated the forum software.  Getting it back wasn't too much of a problem, until I figured out all the karma had been erased :eek:

Luckily, I have an automatic backup of the database every single day, so I just pulled the most recent copy and restored the data in the table.