Katie McLain (Shannon Farmer or MamaCow)

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Shannon Farmer's sister, Katie McLain passed away Wednesday at the age of 29 as a result of a brain condition. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

From TheTribune: Katie Ann McLain was born January, 4, 1978 in Denver to Donnie Lee and Victoria Kay (Pickens) McLain. They moved to Gill in 1986 from Franktown.

Ms. McLain graduated from Platte Valle High School in Kersey in 1996. She later attended Aims Community College in Greeley, where she earned her certified nurse assistant certificate. She was pursuing her degree as licensed practical nurse at the time of her death. She began her career as a CNA just three weeks ago, working for Windsor Health Care Center.

Ms. McLain enjoyed raising and working with livestock. She began testing milk cows at the age of 16 and won many awards showing sheep and pigs at the Weld County and state fairs. She also competed nationally in Reno, Nev., and other shows and sales throughout the country.

Ms. McLain was a member of the Galeton Community Church. Everyone knew her as a great mother who loved spending time camping, fishing and watching sports with her son, Kaleb.

Ms. McLain died Wednesday at North Colorado Medical Center, Greeley.

Survivors: Her son, Kaleb McLain of Galeton; her parents, Donnie and Viki McLain of Galeton; her sister and brother-in-law, Shannon and Jason Farmer of Plainfield, Ind.; her grandparents, Ed and Helmi Pickens of Castle Rock; a niece, Payton Farmer of Plainfield; numerous aunts, uncles and cousins; and special friends, Lisa Elder, Deann Knapp, Heather Brandner and Clint Heidenreich.

Preceded in death by: Her paternal grandparents, Neville and Matilda McLain.

Services to celebrate her life: 10:30 a.m. Monday at the Galeton Community Church.

Interment: Cremation will follow the service, and her urn will be placed in the family plot at the Franktown Cemetery at a later date.

Visitation: 2-5 p.m. Sunday at the Moser Funeral Service Chapel, 3501 S. 11th Ave., Evans.

Notes: Contributions may be made to the Katie McLain memorial fund to be used for her son Kaleb's college education. They may be sent in care of Moser Funeral Service, 3501 S. 11th Ave., Evans, CO 80620. An online obituary and guest book are at www.moserfuneralservice.com.

Cowboy

Red thanks for posting this -- this is REAL close to home for me. Long story short -- we lived pretty close to this family in the late 80's and 90's.

I know the girls won't remember me being there as they were only around 10 or so then, but I stopped in and spent alot of time with Donnee, his wife and family back then. I remember watching them show the pen of 5 feeder calves one year -- they topped the sale in the yards that year too --great program.

I am sorry for thier loss -- Momma Cow -- I kind of felt for some reason that I knew you from some of the things you had posted during the last year or so. You have my thoughts and prayers hon -- try and keep your chin up!

I will make contact with your family in Colo -- may God bless!

Terry

Latest posts