kc steers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

The Grand and Reserve came out of the same class in the 2nd division Tiffany Pruitt and Tara Rooney.

afhm

I thought those would be way too big.  I know the grand weight 1508 don't know about the reserve but he was atleast in the 14's.

Telos

afhm, Is that what he weighed before they shrunk him or did he weigh in at that? I watched it on the internet and from what I could see he didn't appear to be that big. I wonder what the steers weighed in the heavier classes. The red and white steer in the heaviest class must have been huge and weighed...?

Jill

Tiffany's steer was1308 and Tara's was 1320, the Shorthorn in the heavy class was1402 there were only 2 steer over 1500 in the show, don't know what they weighed at home but this was the official weights.

afhm

They announced over the speaker that he weighed 1508.  Schaake commented that in the 1st division that the cattle were already up in the 1300's.

Jill

We commented on that in the stands, the 1st division went from 1109-1272, we decided that he meant that they were in that weight range before they were sucked back for weigh in.

afhm

Glad to know that.  Im also glad the weight announcement was wrong, I was hoping that wasn't going to start a new trend.