KEEPING HAIR

Help Support Steer Planet:

CANsteer

fans help alot. rice root brushes take out the dead hair and stimulate the follicles wich also make the hair grow

BrechtCattleCo

I dont know how serious you want to be with this steer or project but I HIGHLY request a cool room. Rinsing and fans help a lot but you dont see the full effect unless you use a cool room. It also takes A LOT of dedication but its totally worth it if you take your time and you have a quality steer! Good luck, and if you have any other questions PM me I would love to help you out.

crushertown

Rinse and brush rinse and brush rinse and brush.  A little bit of work goes a long way.

SAHA

In south texas.....port o cool wall with chilled water, exhaust fans pulling it through. Keep em clean, moisturized, and COOL. Doesnt have to be COLD. Genetics plays a big roll!! Good luck....You can spend a fortune trying to chill the hair on them, but good old fashioned elbow grease, fans and misters will do wonders...

Blue25

Fans, mister, shade, brush, rinse, And t seems like conditioners help keep the hair in.

showcat

Yeah, seems like all the above posts got it right.  Fans, brushing and conditioning.  Also, keep them stress free like when traveling to shows keep them on feed w something like appetite express so they don't skip feedings and use cattle calm.