Kent Habeger

Help Support Steer Planet:

JSchroeder

Does anybody have funeral information?

I got 260 referrals from Google yesterday looking for information on Mr. Habeger but don't want to bother the family with that type of request for information.

edit:sorry, found it.

red

although not a SP member ( I don't think) Would a card from all of us be a good idea?

Red

justme

Great Idea Red!

Funeral information or a link to the funeral home is on Breeders World.  They are starting a foundation for him in leu of flowers

doubled

It truely is a sad day for all of us that knew Kent, he was an awesome judge but mostly a super good person- the boys both admired and respected him and how he conducted himself-
we had visited him several times to view his cattle and were always treated like we were very important to him and his business, always with respect, he always went out of his way at
shows to speak to the kids and compliment them in some way.  The entire cattle industry will miss him greatly.  He was so good with the kids in the showrings.  Somewhere in heaven Kent
and my Dad are talking over the good ole days.  I remember seeing Manchild before he even named him and how much pride he had in that bull. Prayers are with his family as they are super people.  We will all morn the loss. (angel)

Please all of us that have family that work with machinery and hay moving remind them of how precious life is and how accidents happen- I know I sure had a heart to heart wih my son.

lowann

Visitation Thursday evening from 4-8 at First Presbyterian Church, 101 Main st, Algona, Iowa
Funeral 10:30 am, with visitation 1 hour prior to the services.
He will be missed!!

lowann

In the fall of 2005, several of us  went on a road trip checking out calves. We stopped at Habeger's and saw Manchild in a small pasture. He looked incredible! The hair on that guy's legs was just unbelievable.. This was several months before Kent hauled him to Denver to promote him.
Sure going to miss Kent  at the expo!!

Throttle

Wow, what a loss. I couldn't say that Mr. Habeger was anything more than an aquaintance of mine. He only ever got one calf off of us, and I never bought one from him. I talked with him a time or two on the phone about his bulls. I thought he seemed like a really good guy in my limited dealings with him. Heck, I thought it was cool that he would continue to remember me from one time to the next, let alone have a nice conversation. I hope everyone continues to pray for the family in this time of need. It is a comfort to me to know that he really was as good a guy as he seemed. He wasn't trying to sell you a calf or a bull to use, he was just that friendly. I'm not sure that would be true with all the folks who operate on the level that Kent did in this business. The following is from Breeder's World, posted by his pastor. I think it is very impressive that he was as much or more respected by those who were closest to him and just knew him as a regular neighbor and friend, as he was by those like me who held him in very high esteem for his innovation and well earned reputation in this field.

From Breeder's World:
We in the Burt area were so shocked at Kent's passing, along with all of his friends in the cattle industry. I just wanted all of you to know how special it was for my wife and I -- and for his family -- to read all these wonderful messages of remembrance and comfort. They are truly beautiful and consoling, and they provide a healing balm for his family, and many, many friends.

Kent was a giant in his field, and as a church member and family man. No words that I can say can match the heartfelt words I read on this forum about Kent and his positive influence on so many lives. Thank you for your prayers for Marti, Ryan and Mitchell. They sorely need them now and they will need them in the future. May God bless all of you. And thank God for the blessing of Kent Habeger to all of us.

-- Pastor Glenn Wilson, of the Burt Presbyterian Church, where Kent was a member and officer.