kids and packages!

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

As many know, I have a mischievious 6 year old son and a daughter going on 11.  I think my little boy is poking thru some packages already!  He claims his Nana's gifts already had the holes in them from shipping, but I have my doubts lol.

Anyone elses kids peek yet?

Jill

Tell Evan he has a VERY creative mind!  Santa doesn't come to our house until Christmas Eve.

red

I broke down & bought KK some nip. He's been searching for it all over the house. Yes, I know I'm an enabler.

I like the bags that play music when opened. that would make them jump!

justme

Santa doesn't come here until Christmas eve either, but relatives sent packages and they found them lol, so they are under the tree.

kanshow

My 10 & 13 year olds are called Snoopy & Nosy during December..    However the 4 year old is the WORST one.  She has ripped packages that are under the tree (for Grandparents, etc) I've found her in closets & know she has been in other closets.  Yesterday she was under my bed & found her brother's birthday gift so now she's been under everybody's bed.

inthebarnagain

Wrap up a couple of packages of bundles of sticks and rocks, that stopped me cold when I was a kid.  Mom told me that if I opened the packages under the tree, that was all I would get.

jason

My parents used to store "Santa's presents" in the trunk of the car because they knew we would snoop until we found them. 

chambero

If you want to issue a good lesson on peaking, my mom pulled a good one on my kid sister years ago.  She caught her redhanded, made her go ahead and open the presents, and proceeded to load them up in the car and take them to our local charity (a place called Shepherds Storehouse where people could come for food, clothes, and toys for kids).  My little sister handled it well and actually enjoyed the giving.  Of course my mom went out and bought the same things again to give her Christmas day.

bc6552

My parents used numbers not names to label the presents.  Then on Christmas morning they would tell us our assigned number.  It made snooping at little more hard.  (thumbsup)

BCCC

bc6552 said:
My parents used numbers not names to label the presents.  Then on Christmas morning they would tell us our assigned number.  It made snooping at little more hard.  (thumbsup)
Haha my parents tried that one year....it didnt work so hot, they forgot which numbers were whos. I dont know how my mom does it but she just wraps them up and doesnt put any names, or numbers on them, just hands them out and they are ALMOST always the right persons.

SWMO

Wrapped one kids in one kind of paper and the other kids in another style of paper.  It is driving the girl crazy.  She is the snooper in our family.  I also didn't put any names on anything that went to them. ;D

klintdog

My sister bought be a box of chocolates one year when we were young. She put it in the freezer and I happened to find it, opened it, and took out a piece. She found out that I had broke into it, so she took all the candy and replaced it with rocks. I had a rude surprise on Christmas morning!

cowz

I had a little snooper that was really bad...used to drive me nuts, but now I am sad to see them grow up and no longer believe in Santa!

So, enjoy the little peekers while they are little and cute!!!! :'(  

When the boys were really little we had a little mini Dacshund.  They had wrapped up a box of chocolate covered cherries for their great grandpa.  One night, the pooch found that package, chewed a small corner out of the box and managed to eat most of the candy out of the hole without disturbing the tag or the ribbon!!!   We were horrified because that much chocolate would surely kill that small of a dog.   Pooch was on death watch for a couple days.....did not even faze him, just made him more hyper!!

N2ShowN

When I was 16 I peeked in a package that my aunt and Uncle had sent me.  It was a gold key chain and I thought for sure I was getting a car for Christmas.  What a disappointment that was.  I have never peeked since. Merry Christmas All!!

zak

My 11 year old brother was peaking under the tree. my dad told him that he put a camera in the air condition vent. He stopped looking after that.

Zak

(P.S. He really didn't put a camera in)

red

reminded me of some of the posts!

jason

N2ShowN said:
When I was 16 I peeked in a package that my aunt and Uncle had sent me.  It was a gold key chain and I thought for sure I was getting a car for Christmas.  What a disappointment that was.  I have never peeked since. Merry Christmas All!!

Dont you hate to open gifts if you already know what they are?  Especially if the present is something weird.  I try to open it real fast as other people while there are other people opening.

Doc

I think Hallmark has some gift bags out this year that sound an alarm if they are moved , once they are under the tree.

Latest posts