KJLS Club Calf sale??

Help Support Steer Planet:

kslivstkbroker

i have not been impressed  pretty high prices will have some reasonably priced steers &heifers if Ur interested don't live to far from Wichita let me know !!!

Jill

I know Eberth Show Cattle have a couple consigned and aj was taking some, not sure on anyone else.  Conines and Fischers both have calf sales coming up on Oct. 1st and should have some nice calves.

Eberth

We have 3 going they are all really different but good in their own right. One is really cowy half Maine half angus that will make an awesome cow after her show career. One is a very young and freeky maintainer heifer that is pretty green but has a lot of future. One is a chi that I think when she comes together will could be very competitive down the road just needs a little time. They can be seen at www.eberthshowcattle.com

justme

Are you showing and selling some of these at teh Royal fancy heifer/steer show or are you showing them in the regular show?

Jill

KJLS is like the Royal show only it is put on at the Kansas Jr. Livestock Show in Wichita, they show Sat. morning and then sell that evening, it is (I think) a fund raiser for the scholarship program.

Eberth

The heifer at the top we are showing in the regular show but she is for sale we have had better luck selling them that way then putting them through the sale.

justme

Jill said:
KJLS is like the Royal show only it is put on at the Kansas Jr. Livestock Show in Wichita, they show Sat. morning and then sell that evening, it is (I think) a fund raiser for the scholarship program.

No what I was asking about is the ones on his website to see them in the stalls at the American Royal.

We'll be there look us up at Funk Club Calves

aj

I've heard there are 12 shorthorn steers and 4 shorthorn heifers consigned. We are taking 2 heifers and one steer.The two heifers can be seen on sodhousecattle.co. The 2 heifers were shown at the Colorado state fair. They can be seen at barkerphotography.com    "hit" view your pictures    "hit"livestock"    hit "colorado state fair"  go to page 2  hith701 open breeding females    hit"h701" page 3  picture no.'s 070,071,072. They are our top two show heifers of the 2008 for better or worse.

stumpy

We will have a Shorthorn steer out of DPH Contender. I think that he is high enough quality to compete very well. I am looking forward to meeting some of you there.

aj

I'm not sure that i'll make it but my wife will.Stumpy...I've always wanted to meet someone that "fries bacon naked" yikes.

Jill

Ok now that was WAY more information than any of us needed!  You've given me a mental picture that will probably scar me for life. (clapping)

HeiferShower14

lol. so im confused. who shows the sale calves? can someone fill me in on the whole proces?

thanks

Eberth

The breeders show the calves to determine sale order on Saturday morning then there is a sale Saturday evening.

Jill

Eberth said:
The breeders show the calves to determine sale order on Saturday morning then there is a sale Saturday evening.

To kind of add to this, there is a club calf division and a shorthorn division, the calves that sale in the sale this year are then eligible to come back next year for the futurity class in the KJLS.