Koiti Tracters

Help Support Steer Planet:

CM Cattle

Anyone ever had a koiti tractor? I am a massey ferguson man myself, but I was looking at buying a koiti. I was wandering wat yalls thoughts on them were. Thanks

BAILEYFARMS

I drove a friends the other day it was ok but a little cheap made. AC didn't work that well either. I am a deere man also there hard to beat.I am in need of another tractor and have been looking at case and ford.

CM Cattle

I have got a jx 75 case, and its a piece of crap. It is really cheap made. I was looking for something else, but cant afford a massey right now, and dont drive John Deere.

savaged

What size (PTO HP) are you looking for?  Do you need MFWD?  If you are looking at a smaller utility tractor I'd go with either Kubota or John Deere.  You'll generally get what you pay for, and a tractor is probably something you will live with for a long time.

Just my 2 cents.

justintime

I have had two Kubota tractors and have liked them both. One of the best things I liked was the fact that they were $40,000 less money than the same HP in green paint. I also think the Kubota is easier to get in and out of, and I love the clutchless push button shifting of gears up and down. I was also impressed with the fact that on both tractors, they sent someone from their head office several months after we purchased them, and he went completely over the tractor, and anything  he thought was not right, he got replaced at no cost to me.  But just like JD or any other model of tractor, parts costs are so ridiculous, you almost have to laugh. I would hate to buy a tractor one piece at a time over the counter.

afhm

The only problem I have with our Kubota is the fuel economy.  It only gets about 1 hour to the gallon on diesel.

justintime

Really!  My Kubota is excellent o n fuel, in fact both have been great. Some days I swear I could run it from the fumes of an oily rag. I have compared it  to several other makes owned by my neighbours, and it always come out with the best fuel economy.

afhm

justintime said:
Really!  My Kubota is excellent o n fuel, in fact both have been great. Some days I swear I could run it from the fumes of an oily rag. I have compared it  to several other makes owned by my neighbours, and it always come out with the best fuel economy.
I have a small one that was made back in the 80's that will run forever.  The big one we purchased last year and it only has around 400 hours on it so maybe its not broke in good enough yet to get the fuel economy.

BAILEYFARMS

CM Cattle said:
I have got a jx 75 case, and its a piece of crap. It is really cheap made. I was looking for something else, but cant afford a massey right now, and dont drive John Deere.
Why don't you drive deere

showsteerdlux

I work for a dealer who carried them a few years ago. He said they are the cheapest made tractor he has seen and that was the end for him. I'm going to agree with some of the others and say spend your money on something good, specifically a John Deere. I know alot of people say you're paying extra for the name and colors, just sit on one all day versus another brand and you''ll see the difference. Personally, I'll never use another color unless it aint mine and I have to.

knabe

i can't remember the cutoff for a deere made in US, which may not be a factor, but the hydraulic harness for smaller deeres and their front loader leak like a sieve.

CM Cattle

BAILEYFARMS said:
CM Cattle said:
I don't you drive deere becouse dad never did like em, and I ant gonna pay extra money for the same hp just becous its green.

DLD

Here the prices are pretty comparable for new Deere's and Massey's (at least the small ones under 60hp or so).  However, if you're a Massey fan, just wait around a little while for a slightly used one - they lose their value lots faster than Deere's do.

I've wondered about some of the short line tractors, too.  Mostly McCormick and Branson in my case.  I've come close to buying a Branson, but I just can't quite bring myself to do it, 'cause I'm just not completely convinced about reliability and parts availability (even though they do have the best warranty going).

justintime

DLD said:
Here the prices are pretty comparable for new Deere's and Massey's (at least the small ones under 60hp or so).  However, if you're a Massey fan, just wait around a little while for a slightly used one - they lose their value lots faster than Deere's do.

I've wondered about some of the short line tractors, too.  Mostly McCormick and Branson in my case.  I've come close to buying a Branson, but I just can't quite bring myself to do it, 'cause I'm just not completely convinced about reliability and parts availability (even though they do have the best warranty going).

A friend of mine has a McCormick tractor and he thinks it is the best tractor he has ever owned. He loves this tractor and he says he has had great service from the company. I looked at a McCormick before I got the Kubota. I liked the looks of it, but decided on the Kubota, mainly on the locality of the dealer who sold them. The kubota dealer was in my home town, while the McCormick dealer was about 100 miles away. My friend says he is a McCormick customer for life now.

worthabit

We have a cx 85 mccormick and after having deere tractors for years, it is the best loader tractor we have had. The clutchless shuttle, visibility, fuel economy are much better. It has an alo loader and I have no idea why anyone would buy a john deere  loader now.

Blake

CM Cattle said:
BAILEYFARMS said:
CM Cattle said:
I don't you drive deere becouse dad never did like em, and I ant gonna pay extra money for the same hp just becous its green.
get an older jd they run as good or better as any new tractor they are heavier made and cheap