KSU Bull Sale video - a little about the cattle and the students

Help Support Steer Planet:

creativecattle

K-State is going to be holding it's 33rd Legacy Sale on March 5, in Manhattan, KS. It is great to see land grant programs like this keep on going. I know that some have been facing challenges, but we need these institutions to keep on going, so youth can learn more about agriculture somewhere.  I know that Michigan State has been up against some challenges with administration, and they aren't the only ones. Make sure your deans, faculty, foundations know how much your College of Agriculture means to you. They have a great set of cattle in the sale, and these students have learned a lot this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4z2ZY5nHiM

Davis Shorthorns

I was involved with this sale last year as a part of the class and it is a GREAT opportunity for young people to see what it is like putting on a large sale like this.  Everything from picts, videos, to clipping and torching, to managing the sale day events.  Please come out and support the KSU Legacy sale.  This sale has a large part to do with the future of the program.  <cowboy>

Davis Shorthorns

Hollywood27 said:
What are the prices like?

Last year I thought that the sales were a little down.  You can pick up a good bull or female for not out of the ordinary money.  If you were in the market for a Hereford it was a good place to start looking I though.  Good prices and great people to work with. 

GLZ

I have bought a couple of cows off of this sale in the past, and know a couple of folks very close to the program.

It is a very well run sale, and a great opportunity to purchase some rock solid Angus, Hereford, or Simmental genetics. 

On the Simmy Side, the Mo Better Lot 36 bull, (the one you see from the video) and the Star Power x 11G (Venom's Dam) are as solid a prospects as you will run across this spring.

rancher_1978

She is out of a cow from K-State and Net Worth.. Quality Cattle and a great learning opportunity for the students!!

Attachments

• new angus heifers.jpg_thumb.png
    new angus heifers.jpg_thumb.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 291

kanshow

My daughter showed a heifer we bought at the sale a couple years ago.  She was a confidence builder for my daughter.  The cow now has her 2nd calf at side - a bull by Dream On and if he continues on like he is now.. he's going to be a good one.