KY Beef Expo

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cattledog

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
May 2008.

That is a real nice heifer!  One of these days I need to take a trip down Route 9 and check out your place.  I have seen a couple of your calves on SP and have liked them all!

shortyjock89

OH Breeder said:
The calf is nice looking it is those folks in the back that are hurting my eyes. That kid in the hat, WOW.....ouch.

really like your heifer OFS.

Kidding! LOL

VEEEERRRRY funny Shawn.  This little lady is just one example of what our Perfect Timing calves are looking like. She's actually finer boned and has less hair than all of our others, but I still really like her for her soundess and feminine traits.  She has the makings of a good cow IMO.  I might be a little biased though lol.  

Cattledog- Any time you wanna come by, just let me know. We'd be glad to have you. 

This heifer's momma is bred the same way for this year.

TJ

Cattledog said:
Olson Family Shorthorns said:
May 2008.

That is a real nice heifer!  One of these days I need to take a trip down Route 9 and check out your place.  I have seen a couple of your calves on SP and have liked them all!

She was 10 months to the day in that picture. 

Honestly, I think she looks better here today... probably because it was her 1st show.  I know that she certainly wasn't eating or drinking the best at the show.    I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that she will look better down the road.  You can't tell it in the pic, but she's got a pretty wide butt for a heifer of her size/age.  She could be a little deeper sided & she could stand to have a little more hair.  But, she's an all-around good heifer, IMHO.  Some may not like her because she's a little small/short, but she honestly wasn't out horsed in her class or in the res. grand drive.  She is the right size to make an ideal show steer momma, IMHO. 

Just being real honest, the black & white PT heifer that Justin has is deeper, thicker, hairier & bigger than this heifer (slightly older too).  I think this one might be prettier fronted & a little more feminine, although it's really close.  Justin disagrees with me & I might be wrong... I've seen the B&W heifer only twice & I've only seen them together only once as babies. 

TJ

OH Breeder said:
The calf is nice looking it is those folks in the back that are hurting my eyes. That kid in the hat, WOW.....ouch.

really like your heifer OFS.

Kidding! LOL

I only see 2 that hurt my eyes & it's not any of the 3 females.  ;)    (lol)

cowz

Did anyone go to the Shorthorn sale at KY Expo???  In particular, I am interested in what lot 32 brought!?

TJ

cowz said:
Did anyone go to the Shorthorn sale at KY Expo???   In particular, I am interested in what lot 32 brought!?

I planned to go, but it just didn't work out.  Don't think Justin saw it either. 

Doc would probably be the best bet & I'm sure that if he doesn't know, he could find out. 

jbw

Tolle market hfr. was from Guyer, she's a H.W. out of a Nutt-n-Butt/EXT cow.