Lard....(hair question)

Help Support Steer Planet:

LindseysMaine_Angus

So to cut to the chase. I have a string of steers, awesome body hair...hardly any leg hair...no 'shag' I have a Rotobrush, a rice root brush and elbow grease and nothing is helping, do any of you still use ''lard''? I have MTG but I don't like it. Can you tell me how to use ''lard''? I can easily pick some up around here:) Thanks in advance...
Lindsey.

cdl

I have never used lard and I always wondered if MTG would grow leg hair. it sounds like you have tried it, what did you not like about it?

Tallcool1

Send a P.M. to cowman 52.

He can tell you EXACTLY how to use it, and the answer is yes...although after he asks you some questions he may tell you to use Slick Black or something like that instead of lard.  (I maybe should have NOT assumed the calves are black.)

Anyway, this is an "old school" trick, and anytime I feel like I need to go back to something "old school", I always talk to him. 

This guy has forgotten more than I will ever know!

cowman 52

You have to grow hair before you can train it to do squat.  Any oil and that includes lard, animal fat, about anything other than 10w40 will help.  Throw the roto brush as far as possible.  The hair you are getting is being broke off at the hide level by trying to grow it.  Brush it down and froward, encourage it to grow, stimulate the hair, the hide with a brush in your hand.  A little oil, a lot of brush maybe ice water before you turn out at night, and stay at it. You will find hair one day and encourage it to go forward, forward and up, you can not force it,
The hair products found in wal mart and other cheaper than sullivans will work just as good for way less$$$$$$$

LindseysMaine_Angus

cowman 52 said:
You have to grow hair before you can train it to do squat.  Any oil and that includes lard, animal fat, about anything other than 10w40 will help.  Throw the roto brush as far as possible.  The hair you are getting is being broke off at the hide level by trying to grow it.  Brush it down and froward, encourage it to grow, stimulate the hair, the hide with a brush in your hand.  A little oil, a lot of brush maybe ice water before you turn out at night, and stay at it. You will find hair one day and encourage it to go forward, forward and up, you can not force it,
The hair products found in wal mart and other cheaper than sullivans will work just as good for way less$$$$$$$

So no roto brush.?

RankeCattleCo

When you're rinsing just hold that hose to his legs. Do all 4 for 5 minutes each, comb his hair up and forward, then do it again. Always blow tue leg hair up or forward. It isn't alays about volume of hair as much as good hair that goes where you want it to.