Last Calf! YEA!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Bawndoh

kslivstkbroker said:
my vet hasnt been impressed with the sexed semen in the dairy industry about 65% heifers dont know if its worth the price!

Most should run about 90%.

kanshow

There is no way we could afford to use the bulls we do without AI.  No question about it. 

JbarL

showgirl2010 said:
No we do AI, but can vets sex the semen?

sexing technogolies  in  marysville ohio  sexes semen  614/873/4520  i dont believe any vets have the facalities (equipment) or time...they are a sub for/with select sires...i took a tour in  november....87.9% is there actual percantage they predict.  they can  sex for steers or heifers...its a very simple electro plate/ centerfuge  "shake out" method...simple of course if you have the equipment and time...they didnt want me to take pics of the the equipment or inside the lab, but did tell me that they had a web site with pics and all the facalities/techniques/and info....great floks ( there and select sires )...the facalities are just a few miles apart.
jbarl

shorthorns r us

Bawndoh,

a few months back REI in stillwater, ok sent a flyer about beginning to offer sexed semen.  they would collect it at their facility, cool it and ship it to be sexed and frozen.  How effective would that be?

Bawndoh

SRU said:
Bawndoh,

a few months back REI in stillwater, ok sent a flyer about beginning to offer sexed semen.  they would collect it at their facility, cool it and ship it to be sexed and frozen.  How effective would that be?

Well really, any of the sexed stuff should bring about 90% accuracy.  Be sure to check about the accuracy/quality before you purchase it.  If it does not live up to its standards, then give em heck!  Honestly, there should be no reason sexed semen cannot get you 80%+ results.  Otherwise they are basically lying, and selling a poor product.  Be really smart about your purchases, ask how you should use it (as I stated Genex reccomends virgin heifers in a non-sync program); and demand a number from them.  If your purchase does not exceed your expectations, get ahold of REI and tell them your problems.  No semen company should be selling "sexed" semen that results in 65% accuracy.  Someone stated that number on here.  Sorry, but what kind of semen company would they be...??

shorthorns r us

i was more concerned ablut shipping it cooled b4 it is sorteed and frozen.  i am look at it from a bull owners point of view.

Latest posts