Last of spring babies

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

My limi cow had her baby yesterday morning in 90 degree weather. A nice red, 85 pound heifer!!  Momma and baby doing fine, although I use child insect spray everyday!!!
I have one cow left....I guess she going to wait till August....geesh, I thought I didn't fall calve!!! ;D

genes

Awww they are sooo cute.  Congrats on getting through another season in tact.

OH Breeder

NOte there is no pasture. We are burning up. Red and my farms are about 20 miles apart and we have missed alot of the rains that have hit around us. If we don't get some rain soon, we are going to be in BIG trouble. My pastures are cooked. I am feeding round bales OUCh because I have no grass. I am sure that hay is going to start creeping up. The folks I talked to in the area said there hay crop was down and they are getting 60-75% of what they had last year.

DL

Nice babies OH Breeder - Blanche sure did a nice job for you - I have 3 to go, 2 next week and one not quite as late as SH - I am blaming it on poor heat detection due to the untrimmed 400 year old tree blocking my view (I can see clearly now - tree trimmed!) dry here too - we need rain

OH Breeder

dragon lady said:
Nice babies OH Breeder - Blanche sure did a nice job for you - I have 3 to go, 2 next week and one not quite as late as SH - I am blaming it on poor heat detection due to the untrimmed 400 year old tree blocking my view (I can see clearly now - tree trimmed!) dry here too - we need rain
I had a couple of those trees last year. But i think we are doing a much better job this year. We have got everyone bred back and I am hoping that the lastest we will have calves next year will be April. Thank you for the compliments. We told Blanche last year when we bred her, if you don't produce this year you are hamburger. We, I think we are going to say that more often, the little fella is pretty outstanding.

red

OH B, like you it is miserably dry here. We are looking at 2nd cutting hay about Wednesday.
I have 1 cow due the end of the month.

Great looking calves. I can't wait for you to start finding homes for them. I'll keep my ears to the ground too.

Red

OH Breeder

red said:
OH B, like you it is miserably dry here. We are looking at 2nd cutting hay about Wednesday.
I have 1 cow due the end of the month.

Great looking calves. I can't wait for you to start finding homes for them. I'll keep my ears to the ground too.

Red
Thanks Red. I have had a few inquires thanks to this board. Yeah! I haven't really started to advertise. I appreciate any help you can provide. Good luck with the hay.

farmboy

YOU KNOW IT'S DRY WHEN THE CREEK BED THAT RUNS THRU ALLYOUR PASTURE HAS LITTLE DINKY PUDDLES EVERY 50 FEET OR SO AND THEY ALL HAVE SNAKES IN EM :eek: YEP DAD HAD ME WALK THE CREEK TO CHECK IF THERE WAS ANY HOLES LEFT WITH WATER AND I SAW 4 WATER SNAKES IN 21 LITTLE HOLES. LUCKILY BEFORE IT GOT ALL DRY, WE DAMED UP A SPOT AND ITS 4 FT DEEP SO THEY CAN STILL GET IN AND COOL DOWN

GOOD LOOKIN CALVES TOO

garybob

dang, y'uns are dry, up there, ain't ya?  Feeding hay in June, is never a good sign. Hate thistles! Down here, we have the Musk Thistle.

Wishing for you guys some rain,

Gary Bob

Telos

Ohio Breeder, those are some great looking calves. Blanche's calf looks to be extra special. Hope you are  recovering well from surgery. I'm praying that you, Red and everyone one in your neck of the woods get rain soon and it eventually gets to Michigan for DL and all others in need.

OH Breeder

Telos said:
Ohio Breeder, those are some great looking calves. Blanche's calf looks to be extra special. Hope you are  recovering well from surgery. I'm praying that you, Red and everyone one in your neck of the woods get rain soon and it eventually gets to Michigan for DL and all others in need.
Could do without the heat, but am getting along pretty good Telos. THanks.
I think my calf crop this year is pretty good and yes that little guy is pretty special. For the right kid he could be pretty competative. Thanks too for rain wishes. We are getting pretty close to drought conditions.

farmboy

THE CALVES DAM IS A POWER PLANT SON x CHI AND THE SIRE IS OVER ON NAME THE BULL

THANX FOR A POSITIVE COMMENT

red

Right now, Mine are driving me crazy!
We weaned them last night & although they can see the cows they are bellowing like crazy. Not much sleep here.

Red