lautner bull lowrider???

Help Support Steer Planet:

wyatt

hes a bojo X lowline angus
did anyone else notice him in the back of the book this year? ive been waiting for somthing like this to happen i figured they would use heat wave not bojo but hes sure to downsize a cow

whats everyones thoughts ???

Mainevent

I saw him at Denver, and he was way moderate, but had a big middle, hip and top, in proportion to his frame size of course! I'm just not sure on the type or kind of cow you would breed him to. I talked to the fitter and he said he was hoping to bring him back next year to show how much bigger he was at 2.

kfacres

DiamondMCattle said:
He wasn't bred by Lautner which is probably why it wasn't a Heatwave calf.

could have called him one anyways....  sure it's been done before...

maybe they want some 'outcross'- if it's not on the 2 generation-- it's forgot about...

Maybe HW would have killed that lowline cow?

bluffcountrycattle

I saw him in Denver, and he probably weighed 400 lbs.  Remember he's a half blood lowline.  Not sure at what age, or weight he would produce freezable semen, but my guess is it would be a while.  I think his only place is to possibly breed the terminal market heifer types, to maybe get a live calf.  You could probably jackpot the offspring for 3 years though!  ;D

Ohio1

bluffcountrycattle said:
I saw him in Denver, and he probably weighed 400 lbs.  Remember he's a half blood lowline.  Not sure at what age, or weight he would produce freezable semen, but my guess is it would be a while.  I think his only place is to possibly breed the terminal market heifer types, to maybe get a live calf.  You could probably jackpot the offspring for 3 years though!  ;D
That'd raise some eyes winning with the same calf 3 years in a row!    (lol)

wyatt

haha you might have trouble bringing the calves to the shows with them :p

wyatt

and im not sure how much different he would breed from walks alone bim or heat wave they are about the same size as the lowline bulls i seen

sackshowcattle

one of the people fitting him I showed county with and I dont remember for sure but I'm thinking he said he was a june born so yes he's part lowline but shane said the cow was pretty big for a lowline and he was only 7 months old there.