Lautner Highlander Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Kris

so you don't think he would be good for show steers on a char then? I figured he would moderate a few and give em lots of hair?

CAB

FYI, I don't want PPL to get into a bad situation with thinking that Scottish Highlanders always calve easy. They can come hard. They are blocky body type. Brent

hntwhitetail

I had 1 straw out of a tank I bought and used him on a Monopoly x Irish Whiskey heifer.  I was surprised how quick the calf was up and trying to nurse.  Lots of vigor.

Bi-Lane Livestock

Here's a grizzly x highlander we raised, her mother raised a $10k I Believe last year.  The bull himself does not calve easy if the female has some BW on her side.  I won't use him on heifers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    727.5 KB · Views: 251

hntwhitetail

Bi-Lane Livestock said:
Here's a grizzly x highlander we raised, her mother raised a $10k I Believe last year.  The bull himself does not calve easy if the female has some BW on her side.  I won't use him on heifers.

Nice cow!  I do not think I would use him on heifers.  I used him on a Monopoly x Irish whiskey (dam sells as lot 2 in the winners circle sale next week for Garwood).  The Monopoly is a pretty good milker, impressed with her udder.

Mainevent

This is a highlander x heat wave first calf heifer. Pictured at 6 months old and then again at 18 months old after her first calf. Came at 50 pounds and you can see her bag and how good of cows they make.

Attachments

• IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 233