Lautner

Help Support Steer Planet:

FarmerWanna-Be

I dont mean to start any arguements and I dont want to put anyone down, I just want to get other peoples opinions on this. I have heard questionable things about Lautner Cattle like that the TH and PHA status' of their bulls are questionable and sometime made up and also that they sometimes send semen on different bulls than what you ordered. Is this true? Has anyone had any problems?

Throttle

IMO, people run them down and start unsubstantiated false rumors about things that they really have no fact behind. Lautners have such a large market share of the club calf bull business and have been on top for a long time. I guess that is a target that other people shoot for and some of them just take illegitimate pot shots.

There is no way a reputable company such as Lautner Farms would purposely mislead their consumers on genetic defect carrier status of sires. All that would do is open themselves up for a lawsuit, along with the loss of sales that such a bad PR move would create.

Too many egos in this business. Lautner is the clear number one in the club calf semen sire market, other people get jealous of that, rumors get started, IMO

Mueller Show Cattle

Throttle said:
IMO, people run them down and start unsubstantiated false rumors about things that they really have no fact behind. Lautners have such a large market share of the club calf bull business and have been on top for a long time. I guess that is a target that other people shoot for and some of them just take illegitimate pot shots.

There is no way a reputable company such as Lautner Farms would purposely mislead their consumers on genetic defect carrier status of sires. All that would do is open themselves up for a lawsuit, along with the loss of sales that such a bad PR move would create.

Too many egos in this business. Lautner is the clear number one in the club calf semen sire market, other people get jealous of that, rumors get started, IMO

I agree with this posted from Throttle. They (Lautner Farms) have been on top for so long, people are jealus and start rumors cause they can't stand it. I have been using Lautner bulls going on my 3rd year now and have had great calves out of Ai'ing using their semen and my top sellers have been out of theirr bulls. Yes it is a monoply (no pun intended) but I agree you have to use their semen to compete in alot of shows. I will continue to use them as they have always been nice and great to deal with for me and getting great calfs from their bulls.

Bradenh

didnt we already cover this. do you have that much beef with lautner?. if they shafted people for a living they wouldnt still be in business, something they do is working for people. wether its true or not. theyre calves win

Bulldaddy

Wow!  I can't think of a more reputable and successful outfit around.  I can't image them putting out bad info on there bulls.  It would kill there business.