Lautner's Ready 2 Rumble...

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

I've been in surgery and recouping the last several days.  Had some time to look at some of the new bulls and also look at at those slick shows here in Texas and looking at the the genetics that helps give good results for winners. I think everything is always evolving but it seems that the pass proven genetics have always carried their weight of producing those good ones up to the present. And this is even taking both TH and PHA out of the equation.  

The number 1 bull that has caught my eye is Lautner's new bull, Ready 2 Rumble by Unstoppable. His pedigree is really potent down on the cow side going back to a lot of power Maine genetics. Not only does he go back to Wide Track but he also has two shots of a bull called Daines Rasmis 62Y which was a thick massive Maine bull that Daines in Canada sampled and IMO was as stout as anything.

Was wondering if someone has seen this R2R lately or at Denver and maybe your thoughts on him. I think he has super potential from a genetic standpoint especially on some of those good moderete Charolais Cows. Genetically he might work like BK Lifeine did on those Charolais cows (perhaps better). My concerns, even though he is billed as being very sound, would be his feet and legs. Sometime throwing more stout Maine genetics can get them restricted.

Just asking for others opinion and offering some of my thoughts on what might be a new potential club calf sire.

gary89

I went thru hawkeye breederstoday and saw him as well as Lautners and Rodgers bulls. Ready to rumble looks good. He might be a little stouter than Unstoppable. I think you would like him and I wouldnt be afraid to try him. For TH carrier cows I would take a hard look at Dakota Gold, he really caught my eye.

CAB

Ready 2 Rumble & Skyfall were the two new bulls that I liked best of the bulls that were in when I last walked through the Iowa bull studs. I also think that I Believe may as good if not better than WA & BIM, but time will tell.

gary89

I really was impressed with I Believe. All of Roger's bulls look good. The last 2-3 years I have walked thru them I am amazed at the quality. He is really building something special.

Carlson Cattle

gary89 said:
I really was impressed with I Believe. All of Roger's bulls look good. The last 2-3 years I have walked thru them I am amazed at the quality. He is really building something special.

your rite on that  O0