Leachmans Spring Break Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

fluffer

Hi guys,
Leachmans is having their big bull and heifer sale on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.  There is an on-line catalog and video of each bull.  This year they have added a feed efficiency rating among some other VIP things such as DNA coat color, tenderness, stability, and heifer pregnancy rate.  The feed efficiency is in response to the rising feed costs.

This is where we get a lot of our bulls from and we have been really happy with them.  They aren't club calf, but they do have Angus, Charolais, Red Angus, and Stabilizers. 

Hubby and I are going out to the sale for the first time.  I am really excited.

Just though I would let you know.  All the info is at www.leachman.com

Fluffer

red

I like their discussion they have on-line. Lots of good info from someone that has experience.

Red

fluffer

Yes they have some good ideas.  That new feed efficiency test they are doing could be a new big deal in our beef industry.  I know Eagle Pass Ranch is also conducting a similar test and ranking their bulls on it.  Their sale is this weekend, I think. Several other big bull producers are probably doing something similar as well. With corn prices(and everyting else) as expensive as they are, feeders are going to want cattle that feed quick and easy.  By being able to select bulls for such traits will help take some of the guess work off the producers/feeders and hopefully put more money into their pockets.  It is going to take a little time to figure out, but once they get it whittled down to a science I bet you see a lot of feedlots paying attention to the bulls their producers use. 

Fluffer