Leaseing bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

renegade

Does anyone on here lease your bulls out or do most just sell/do semen?  I dont have the capacity to do semen right now and i dont want to sell my bull but i want him to breed more than one heifer this year ( i didnt get all of the cows i was hoping to this year cause the guy decided not to retire). If anyone does could i get some info like price, precautions, terms, ect.

showsteerdlux

I know that Nichols Farms Inc does it. if you do I would not send the bull to places that have not been tested for johnes and other contagious diseases. If I'm not mistaken they usually get about $700 for 6 months but they also have bulls out of extremely good genetics and that are performance bred. I would get a security deposit with the agreement that they get it back if the bull comes back to you in the same condition you sent him. Also they should make sure he has high quality minerals available since a breeding season is hard on a bull and it probably wouldnt hurt for them to give him some grain to keep the bcs up.

renegade

I was to also venerial diseases and i was going to ABSOLUTELY make sure he stays in good condition! Hes my baby and he will probably think he is dieing if he doesnt get attention every day  :D but i think he will like having girlfriends even better  ::).  He is a three time grand champ and a two time reserve with great breeding.

renegade

Remitall Boomer is one of the big names on his papers (He's a hereford). I dont know how many he would be breeding but i know that there is a limit that gets bigger every year but i havent checked recently to refresh my mind. This is his first year breeding (he will be two march 11). I was gonna advertise him and i might have a guy that is already interested

showsteerdlux

I wouldnt go with more than 30. That is just my opinion but its better to start small and have him around for a while. Good luck in trying to generate some revenue off of him.