leroy brown and jimmy the greek

Help Support Steer Planet:

beefy

was getting ready to make a semen order from lautner and was wonderin what peoples thoughts were on leroy brown, and jimmy the greek.  thoughts on what type to breed them to and if they have seen calves out of these bulls? thanks  <cowboy>

BAILEYFARMS

LAST I HEARD JIMMY WAS NOT COLLECTING WE BRED SEVERAL THIS FALL AND NOT MANY SETTLED RUMOR HAS IT SEMEN NOT VERY GOOD. USE LEROY ON A SMALL COW THE CAN GET ALITTLE FRAME TO THEM.HERES A PIC OF A LEROY BROWN HFR IN THE RAGS TO RICHES SALE

Attachments

• 192-leroy-brown-hfr-sm.jpg
    192-leroy-brown-hfr-sm.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 488

JoeDirt

I got a Jimmy the Greek out of a Angus Cow

He is pretty Deep and alot of hair

He has a fair top and butt..... Nicer then a angus Steer... Great First year County fair steer

Here is what he looks like

Attachments

• IMG_4810_edited.jpg
    IMG_4810_edited.jpg
    736.5 KB · Views: 192

BCCC

I have a whole cane of Jimmy the greek, but I havent tried to bred him to anything yet  :'(

chambero

We used Jimmy the Greek last fall and did just fine on conception.  The calves are just so-so, but no problems with him. 

beefy

i was thinking these 2 bulls would frame down abit and stouten the calves up. i was thinking about useing them on high% maine and simmental caows. if not these 2 what would the sp crowd suggest. i need to add some flank, lower quarter and overall stoughtness

kfacres

We used Jimmy, got 50% conception rate... Would suggest using him on big cows, as IMO his calves will be small to moderate.. They have lots of bone, hair, top, and ass though...  Can't attach a pic, to big.  PM For for it. 

qbcattle

have u considered warrant? he is very moderate framed and built like a tank...seems to come out in his calves too

GONEWEST

I just had another Jimmy calf today. We bred cows that we normally would use as recips to him. I used him on some tall, lighter muscled cows and I have to say that these are the best calves these cows have ever had. To me, there aren't many bulls that improve the cow and he has done that for me. Also some of these cows are 15-1600 pounds and the BW have been 75-85 lbs. Not abd at all so I am very pleased.

yuppiecowboy

The Geek semen is going to be hard to come by and it is going to be expensive as his first crop had some big tickets.