Let's help a school!

Help Support Steer Planet:

KCK

Summer travel time and junior shows are upon us. This is a call out to everyone that stays in hotels. I have a dear friend who is a teacher in an inner city school with a high population of homeless kids. They need to gather a surplus of shower and bath supplies for those kids. They allow them to bathe at the school so other kids don't make fun of them. We all know how mean kids can be, we were all there. If you could all gather up the shower supplies in hotels each day, so they replenish them on long trips, you can make things better for these kids. My friend has a strong ag background, so we should rally and help her. Simply collect all summer long and mail them to:
John Marshall High School
c/o Miss Gretchen Summers
122001 N. Portland Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73120.
Just put in a little not that your stuff came from her guardian angel!

Thanks in advance everyone and good luck this summer!

shorthorns r us

would somebody be willing to advertise this and collect donations at the 3 breed jr. nat?  if you couldn't find them a ride back this way, i will give my fedex account number for them to be shipped.

I'm in central OK and willing to purchase an extra thing of soap or shampoo the next time that i am at sam's as long as they don't have to be single use size.  i guess i could by single use if they carry such a critter.

BTW, it is hard  believe that is necessary in a state with a flourishing economy such as where we call home.  I say, "Job well done" to those school administrators and teachers for going above and beyond the call of duty with this program.

KCK

SRU said:
would somebody be willing to advertise this and collect donations at the 3 breed jr. nat?   if you couldn't find them a ride back this way, i will give my fedex account number for them to be shipped.

I'm in central OK and willing to purchase an extra thing of soap or shampoo the next time that i am at sam's as long as they don't have to be single use size.  i guess i could by single use if they carry such a critter.

BTW, it is hard  believe that is necessary in a state with a flourishing economy such as where we call home.  I say, "Job well done" to those school administrators and teachers for going above and beyond the call of duty with this program.

That is a wonderful idea! I will talk with Jeana! I also have a great friend that will have a jewerly booth there. I could make a sign and send a box with her, designating that as the drop off spot.

And, don't let my post fool you. They can use regular sizes, too. I went and taught there for two days. Those kids have a uniform they must abide by and sometimes that is hard for them to do. A shirt with three buttons and a colar and khakis or navy blue dress pants. I gave all I had in my closet that didn't fit/never go used/I am selfish and didn't like anymore. The next thing they are getting from me are a million bottles of unused bath and body works lotions!

I, too, cannot believe how we let these kids slip through the cracks! My family would never allow that. They fought, but we also have a large and strong country/ag background.

red

I have over 3 pounds of stuff so far. Most of it from hospital stays. I'll wait until after Natl's to send.

Red

KCK

It is official! Anyone with supplies or clothes even, may take them to Kansas City and drop them off at the Proud Souls jewerly booth. Or, even if everyone dumps it there at the end of the show, that would be very helpful. I, myself, will be at the show Thursday evening and will help collect things.

Thanks again for the great idea.