Listing of consignments to Greater Worth County Club Calf Sale available

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

A complete listing of the consignments for the Greater Worth County(Iowa) Club Calf sale will be available on the website later today!!  Features many very good club heifers and steers.  Check it out at    worthcountycattle.com

CAB

http://worthcountycattlemen.com/

I hope this will get you all to the listing of the Worth county sale listing. Sale Nov 2nd. Oakbar is involved in this sale and there will some nice prospects if you are still needing a calf or 2. Good Luck with the sale Lynn. Sincerely, Brent C.

oakbar

Hey CAB,

Thanks for the help with the link to the website.  As many of you know, I'm computer challenged!!  Hopefully, I will learn some of these techniques in the near future!!

The Catalog has been updated today to  include a few more calves!!    Take a look at the offering and we hope to see many of you there!!

Let me know if you have any questions!!

Lynn

CAB

Our welcome Lynn. Looked like to me that there were some very calves there that would do a lot of families good, especially @ the county fair levels and genetics that will make good cows in the future. Hope that you have a good sale. How would you like having your sale this weekend in Iowa. We've had 3+ inches of rain and still raining since Tuesday morning. Brent

oakbar

Thanks again, Brent!

Yes, we do have some excellent quality calves at our sale.  We have had several calves in the last few years that have gone on to do well, not only in county fairs, but area jackpot shows, and at the state fair level. 

A Shorthorn appendix heifer that we sold in 2005 went on to be the Division Champion at the MN State Fair as well as winning many jackpot shows.  She now has produced a $5,000 steer and a bull calf that will be campaigned by Lautner down the road.  She sold for only $2600 at our 2005 sale. 

We've also had a couple of Char X calves that went on to be Reserve Champions at the Iowa State Fair 2 of the last 3 years. 

The area producers who consign to this sale are a lot better at producing good quality calves than they are at promoting them---that's good news for the buyers.  This year we have more calves(58) than we've had in the past which could also work to the buyer's advantage.  This should be a very, very good sale for 4-H kids working on a budget!! In fact, our local Beef Team kids will actually help run the sale and concessions to raise money for their trip to Denver in January.

Don't worry about rain at our sale-- All the facilities are indoors and we have a new blacktop driveway in the the main parts of the fairgrounds.

Thanks again for your interest!!

T

oakbar

If you go to the Club Calf Sale Page and then click on the blue "Click here for Catalog" line it should come right up for you!!  I'll try to get the EDJE folks to put a link directly on the opening page.